Chapter 22

Steve pov...

I look through the window of the operating room as they work on Kiara... My beautiful wife barely clinging onto life... Doctors working on her trying to save her... The only proof that she is alive right now is the steady beeping of the monitor... I had given into Tony and let him fly her to the hospital knowing it was quicker than the ambulance... She would not be happy about that... She was adamant that she didn't want anything to do with him anymore... But i rather have her yelling at me than never hear her voice again... Even before she passed out, she tried to reassure me... Tell me she loved me and that she wasn't in pain... It felt like a goodbye... It felt like she was saying goodbye... 

I hear the door behind me open and close "Steve?" I hear Bucky's say but i dont look at him i keep looking at Kiara laying there on the table... She is so pale... She looks so fragile... By the time i got to the hospital they had already rolled her into the OR... Tony tried to stop me but i had pushed him aside and demanded that i could see her... That i was her husband and he had no say over her anymore... She is my wife and i need her... After making a scene the nurse had finally given in and told me i could watch from the operating gallery... 

"Yeah..." I mumble taking in a deep breath and Bucky sighs putting his hand on my shoulder... "Steve she is strong... She is a fighter... She will pull through... But i think you are making the doctors nervous by watching..." He says... 

"Why did you guys come in... We hadn't given the signal yet... We weren't ready yet..." I ask but the room stays silent there is no answer and i feel myself getting angry as everything is sinking in... "Why..." I ask again and again no answer... 

I scoff... "If she doesn't survive... I am going to kill him..." I growl... "If she doesn't survive, he can run he can hide but i will not rest until he is dead..." I whisper in an ice-cold tone of voice... "Steve she will pull through..." Bucky says and just as he does alarm bells goes off and she flatlines... 

"No... No... No... Fight princess..." I say as tears run down my cheek and panic sets in... "Dont leave me... You promised... Dont leave me alone..." I whisper... "Steve you shouldn't be here..." Bucky tries but i dont react to him... "Fight princess... Fight..." I murmur as the doctors are shocking her again and again and i let out a sigh of relief as a steady beep fills the room again...

They keep working on her and Bucky tries to pull me away... I grab him and shove him up against the wall... "I am not leaving until she leaves..." I growl and Buck nods and i let him go... "Okay..." He says and i walk to the window again... 

"Just go... I want to be alone..." I say and i hear Buck sigh... "Steve i dont think that is..." He starts to protest... "Go!!" I growl and he sighs again and i hear the door open and close... 

But the door opens and closes again... "Hey Cap... Why dont you come and wait with us in the waiting area..." I hear Sam say and i shake my head... "Not leaving her..." I mumble... "Cap... There is nothing you can do..." He says and i scoff... "Save your breath... Just leave me alone..." I mumble and i hear the door open and close again... I know they mean well but right now i am mad at them... 

I dont know what i am going to do if she doesn't survive... Tony and his stupid ego... Tony is the reason she is here... He just couldn't wait... We had agreed on a signal, and he just did his own thing as usual... Not giving a damn about the consequences... And this time it may cost him his daughter... My wife... God i love her so much... The last few months with her even though it was a mission was a dream... Heaven... Everything i ever dreamed off and more... 

She looks so tough, and some people even say she is cold but that is not the case... Yes, she is tough... But cold... No way... She is sweet... Caring... She is funny and bubbly... She loves to dance... She loves to just cuddle on the couch humming as i rub her back... She loves to lay on my chest planting soft kisses all over... She is affectionate and passionate... She longs for peace and a normal life... A family... A home... Normalcy... Far away from the chaos from Shield or the Avengers... We talked for hours about living somewhere far away... Somewhere with seasons so she could sit in the sun in the yard in the summer and in the winter, we could cuddle up in front of the fire... She is soft and vulnerable... All she wants is to be loved... Although she grew up spoiled and not wanting for anything... All she wanted was someone to love her for who she was and not for who her family was... And yet all i want is to spoil her... She needs to survive so i can give her the world and do everything in my power to make all her dreams come true...

She just wouldn't show you her soft side if she doesn't like, trust or know you... She didn't like the feeling of being vulnerable around people she didn't trust or know...  But over the last couple of months, she had shown me... She had shown me she was perfect and the love of my life... To me she is everything... My princess... For her i would do everything... I would kill for her i would die for her... I should not have let her push me away to help Nat... I should have stayed with her... But she said she would be okay... Nat needed me, and this was true but at what cost... 

She was even more amazing than i ever imagined and i love her more than life itself... I can't life without her.... All of a sudden, all the alarms go off again and my heart sinks as the doctors start to panic again... I watch while they shock her little body coming up from the table... Nothing... Again... And again nothing... The are frantically working on her and they turn up the shock paddles and shock her again... "Fight princess... For us..." I murmur...