That Nostalgic Feeling

The night was loud and the cheers from Inazuma City could be heard all the way from the Kamisato estate as people prepared for the Summer Festival that would be happening later that evening.

   "Good job Ayaka, it sounds like you were able to put together yet another successful Summer Festival." Ayato congratulated with a big proud smile.

   "Young Lord, are you planning on sneaking out?" Sharar asked, her eyes looking dangerous, "You still have a lot of paperwork regarding Mr. Kurosiki's disappearance, the handling of all the Fatui, and a recent letter has arrived for you from Liyue that has been regarded as incredibly important."

  Ayato looked nervous.

  "I wouldn't just forget about all my duties and run off!" Ayato defended as he picked up an Egg Roll.

  "You can read Young Lord so well, Sharar!" Abdiel laughed.

  "So Ayaka, will you go to the festival?" asked Ayato.

  "Oh, hm... yes. I will tonight," Ayaka nodded, "Thoma will be accompanying me."

  "How lucky!" Abdiel grinned, as he looked at Ayato, "If only someone would let me go..."

   "I'm not the one who is keeping us confined here, Abdiel." Ayato gestured his head towards Sharar.

   "This is your job." Sharar reminded.

   "We can get you something from the festival tonight." Ayaka assured.

   "A firework?" Abdiel asked with hopeful eyes.

   "Erm... that might be a bit hard...." Ayaka replied.

    "We don't want Yoimiyer to get mad at us..." Thoma nodded.

                                                                          ...

   In the kitchen, everyone was hard at work for preparing for Lunch.

  "Wow! I feel like it's been forever since I've last been here!" Thoma laughed as he sliced green onions.

   "You were here this morning." Itsuki reminded.

   "Ah, I suppose that's true," Thoma nodded, "It feels like it's been a month."

   "Perhaps you've just been too busy," Itsuki suggested, "You've been so caught up with other things that being in the kitchen has completely flown out of your head."

  "Such... wise words, Teacher!" Thoma praised, he then heard a groan and turned to see Kiana looking completely defeated, "She's been looking down all day today, did something happen?"

  "Hm... I suppose she's "graduating" from a kid who can't cut onions to a mature young lady?" Itsuki summarized.

 "...." Thoma didn't understand, "Teacher... I... I... you managed to put together such a meaningful metaphor that I need to take a moment to think about it..."

 "Maybe something's wrong with this boy..." Itsuki thought, "I just spouted some nonsense..."

                                                                       ...

   Kiana sighed once more as she walked into her room and collapsed on her futon, letting out another sigh.

  "Are you alright Kiana?" Mei asked, knocking on the door, "You looked sad all day this morning and afternoon."

  "Well, I realized after seeing Thoma and Lady Ayaka yesterday..." Kiana started, "Maybe... I'm destined to be forever lonely!"

   Mei fell silent as Kiana cried into her sheets.