The Beginning

Clem

Me and Vi were in my treehouse when we heard a grunting sound on the other side of the fence. Violet went check it out and it turns out to be a middle aged man with a hurt knee.
As he walks into the house I grab his attention by yelling, "Theres one of those things in there!"
He turns back and walks towards the treehouse, " And who might you be?"
"My name is Clementine. This is my 'friend' Violet." I told the man.
"Nice to meet you Clementine, I'm Lee." The man said.
Lee asked me some more questions, as he did Violet started hugging me from behind and cuddling me. I turned red. She was very anti social, yet she still always finds a way to fluster me.
"How old are you girls, if you dont mind me asking?" Lee asked.
" I'm 12 and Violets 13." I replied.
It was starting to get dark and we heard a screeching sound coming from the road, it almost sounded like nails on a chalk bord. Violets head shot up ad she yelled, " What the fuck was that!" Me and her climbed down the latter and went to go check it out with Lee. It turns out the sound was two dudes, younger than Lee, trying to push cars so they could clear a way for their truck.
"Need any help!?" Lee yelled towards the dudes. " Yeah if you dont mind, my friends dad owns a farm if you want to come say with us!" Yelled the bigger dude.
Me, Violet and Lee jump over the metal fence and go over to help them clear the way for their truck.
After we helped them clear away a path for their truck, they introduced themselves as Shawn and Chet. Shawn said his father owed a farm and that because we helped him, we could stay there for the time being.
On the way there me, Violet, and Lee rode in the bed of the truck. I could tell Violet was on edge so I took her hand and kissed it. She turned to me with a red face, "W-What was that for?" " You looked stressed." I responded with a smile. She looked away but I could tell she was more at ease than before.
When we got to the farm Shawn introduced us to his dad, Hershel. Hershal seemed suspicious of Lee and kept asking him questions regarding me and Violet.
"What's your relation to these little girls?" Hershal asked. "I'm their uh- babysitter. " Lee responded hesitantly. Hershal then turned to me and Violet and asked, " Do you two young lady's know this man?" I was about to reply but before I could open my mouth Violet responded with, "Yes sir, Clem's parents hired him when they went on their work trip to Savanah. " "What about your parents?" Hershal asked. "They left as soon as shit hit the fan, sir." Violet responded with a witty tone.
Hershal looked at Violet with disgust on his face. "A fine little lady like yourself shouldn't be using foul language like that, especially considering how young you are." "With all due respect sir I am thirteen years old and do not give one shit about what you think." Violet said with a smirk on her face.
Lee took that as a good sign to end their interaction and send me and Violet to play with another kid that was there.

Lee

"I am so sorry about her she's been dealing with a lot, considering her situation." I said, trying to calm Hershal down. "Get that little girls attitude in check if you want a place to stay for the night." Hershal said while walking off.
Guess I better get acquainted with the people here. The first person I saw was a average height dude with a mustache and a hat. I walked over to him and introduced myself, "Hey, my names Lee." " Kenny, nice to meet you." He replied. "Whacha working on?" I asked curiously. "I'm tryna fix up this old truck so mee and my folks cand head towards the water. That's my wife over there with the litter curly haired girl, and my sons with the blond girl." He said. "Would you like some help?" I asked. "Yeah, actually. Some help would be nice." He replied with a grateful smile.

1 Hour Later

Violet

It's dark out and I was getting tired so I decided to head towards Clem. I hugged her from behind and nestled my head into her shoulder. "Hey Vi" she said. "Hmm" I responded. "You tired?" She asked. "Mhm" I replied. "Alright I'll go get Lee and tell him we're ready for bed, okay? Just sit on the steps with Mrs. Katja." She told me. "Mk" I mumbled in response. Katja could tell I was tired so she left me be.
When Clem came bake I was half asleep so she carried me on her back to the barn that we were gonna be sleeping in. When we got there Clem layed down with me and we fel asleep cuddling.