1

once upon a time , not too distant to be hazy...it was a September night. I saw this girl back then,  it was a drizzling night and the neon signs shone bright. She had pretty hair even though she got soaking wet in the rain , the smile burst into panicking in vain...never thought I'd fall so hard. I made my way to her , with out a damn for all the passing cars and pulled in all my confidence to let out a HI. I was risking it all going up to her to spark a convo , so this is it... "It's Now or never" my brain voiced. She turned around towards me , in awe and confusion coz nobody knew her in this part of town. "Do i know you" she asked a bit perplexed...I said "you look really pretty, stranger". She smiled once again and i realised that i fell deeper than the trenches we had ever measured. Though I just let out a simple sentence, my heart broke into.."the way the champagne shaded street lights make your deep doe brown eyes glow"...I couldn't say that. I wanted to tell her oh so badly that even though I had noticed her a few seconds earlier , the way her lips were glazed , I felt like honey would be no match against them. Her damn voice it sounded as delicate as the harps playing from heaven above. But i couldn't tell her could i ? She let out a giggle and said , "awee!! thanks...stranger !?"  We both laughed on it for a few minutes and then he came. Dressed in black with the most charming eyes in town...the way he walked made the women swoon , saying hes the one. He came up behind her , uttered "Hey honey , sorry I'm late" And as I looked on in despair, he dipped her down with his arms around her kissing her like it was the last time he would ever, he made his love as well as his territory known. I couldn't break into tears nor could i accept and welcome him with joy...I felt hatred towards this conundrum of a situation. I shook his hand and Gave a polite smile. Beneath that smile of mine , was hatred immeasurable and immense...incomparable to my other senses. I couldn't spill it out i couldn't gulp it in....it stayed a lump in my throat. As I  reached to the comfort and safety of my sheets and the velvety pillows in a woeful and weary mode, my eyes broke into a storm and tears flew down , as I looked back at her when the street light went  green ,thinking...do heartbreaks  last a lifetime ? My eyes...they saw her after ages altogether but it wasn't actually her... someone who resembles her. She was pretty , she was genuine. She had doe eyes.... Strawberry like lips at which i would stare in awe. She was an angel , the candle in my darkness , the Salvation for my fallen angel , she descended from heaven's above to hold together my mind , my sanity...I was questioning it already "is it really her" spoke the voice inside my head. I spiralled down through the tragic memory lane of our past , all the times we'd spent laughing together...all the memories we had captured in the Polaroids I had burn to ashes in November... The way you were taken away from me my dear , is something no one should ever experience or live with its fear. For it was unjust and unfair , left us short-lived and bare. Yet there you were , so much more mature than before  standing where we used to , there i saw you on the very night when I lost you , when I cut all times with you impulsively and now you're just imaginary.  I hope to see you again though...they say a human has seven doppelgangers around the world , well maybe I'll find you in a cafe in Paris.. an arcade in Arkansas or chowing down on your chomein in china. If we're meant to be and if US is in our destiny , I'll find you somewhere along the way...or so I hope. 

                               Fín.