Chapter 1 - I Want to Try some of That

It was a long fucking day. Ezreal was laying on the warm sand of Shurima as he could feel his body aching. He was so tired, and sloppy that he couldn't move a single inch. He was chased down by hunters, hungry predators, and even one of his lads who he thought were his friends, betrayed him, and stabbed him in the back like he was nothing but a tool. Remembering them all one by one makes him dizzy, and makes his mind go hazy.

He looks up at the night sky with the moon shining brightly with the stars, and sighs heavily. He breathed the scent of the cold wind of Shurima to calm himself down, to relieve his stress, but somehow, it wasn't enough for him.

He tries to sit up to reach for his backpack on his left side as much as he can, but he really can't move. His body ached so much that he grunted in pain. Suddenly, he sees someone walking up to him or so he thought, walking up to his backpack, and hands it to him.

He looked up to see who this kind person was until his eyes widened. It was Kai'Sa. God. She is so beautiful like the moon. He could look at her for hours, and compliment her with such sweet words.

"I didn't expect you to be here, beautiful," Ezreal tries to flirt with Kai'Sa, but he makes a sound when she throws his backpack on his stomach hard, "Ouch? Well, that's not a nice way of saying hello."

"I should be the one saying that," Kai'Sa rolls her eyes as she folds her arms, "And you were flirting with me."

"Oh? I was?" Ezreal smirks as he grabs his backpack, and opens it. He grabs a box of cigarettes, and a lighter that he got from the undercity, Zaun, "Well, I couldn't help it. You're really beautiful."

Kai'Sa didn't blush, and didn't ask what he was doing here in the middle of the night which made Ezreal feel a sting in his chest. Maybe she was already expecting him to stay at Shurima overnight in a deserted place where she mostly sleeps. But hey, they unexpectedly saw each other, and talked casually which is good. And he thought his charm was going to work on her as always, but this time, it didn't. He instantly knew that she got curious about what he was holding. Kai'Sa sits down beside Ezreal, and crosses her legs as she puts her arms behind her.

"These are cigarettes," Ezreal knew he needed to answer, and saw Kai'Sa flinch a little. She definitely knows what a cigarette is, and most people know that cigarettes are a danger to humans' lungs, "Don't stop me or whatever. I just want to smoke. Besides, I'm a grown man."

Kai'Sa decides to stay silent as she watches him lighting up the cigarette, and puts it in his mouth. Ezreal could see her getting worried which made him smile faintly. She really does care for him even though she is frightening, but deep down, he knows she is kind. He breathes in, and takes it out as he sighs softly. She sees the smoke flying away with the wind, and looks at him again who was resting his eyes for a little while.

She opens her mouth as Ezreal hears her calming, soothing voice that was almost like music to his ears. He opens his eyes as he turns his head to look at her.

"Why do you smoke when you know it's bad for you?"

Ezreal smiles. She reminds him of those kids back in Piltover who also saw him smoking in alleyways, and asks him the same question, "It helps me relieve my stress. After everything that happened today, I needed a little smoke." And he responds with the same answer.

It didn't take a while as Kai'Sa nods her head, and Ezreal waits patiently for her to respond, "Do you smoke often?"

"No, of course not. Just sometimes."

"Then that's good."

He laughs, "Yeah. I know the consequences, don't worry."

Then all of a sudden, she gets closer to him, and luckily, he still has some space for him to breathe. He would've stopped if she was so close to his face.