In need of saving

One month later

Sam paces back and forth in the library of the Men of Letters bunker. It's early morning and Dean isn't awake yet. He's been getting worse lately, having terrible nightmares, not getting enough rest, and all Sam can think about is how to help him. The Mark of Cain is eating away at his brother and so far Sam has found nothing that can stop it.

However, he's determined that there has to be a way to stop this evil curse and put an end to all this. Setting down a book on the table, Sam pulls out a chair and sits down. Aimlessly flipping through the pages looking for anything about the Mark.

Hours pass by as Sam searches through, what seems like a thousand different books, coming up with nothing. He's just reaching for another leather bound, faded paged book full of false hope when a noise grabs his attention. It sounds like a faint knocking. He stands up, alert. Listening intently, trying to figure out where it's coming from.

Heading towards the kitchen Sam finds Dean cooking brunch. Sam leans against the doorway watching his big brother cook, just like old times. He's wearing fresh clothes and looks as if he just got out of the shower. He looks happy and healthy. Sam can almost pretend that nothing is wrong and that Dean is actually okay.

It doesn't take long for Dean to notice him standing there. He turns around pointing a spatula at him. "Hey, don't judge me. I like cooking!" Sam smirks and puts his hands up in surrender. "Its cool man. No judgment." He walks all the way into the kitchen to get a better look at the food. "That smells amazing!" Dean smiles proudly, "I know right?"

Suddenly there's a loud banging noise. Sam and Dean look at each other then head in the direction of where it's coming from. Guns drawn, they face the door leading into the bunker. "This place is supposed to be protected so no one can find it." Dean yells. "Yeah, it is." Sam yells back as he runs up the steps to the door. "Whatever it is won't be able to get in." The loud banging stops abruptly. Sam places his ear against the door to listen.

"HELP ME!" it's muffled and in the distance but Sam knows what he heard. He looks down at where Dean is standing at the bottom of the stairs. "Someone's out there and I think they need our help." Dean bounds up the steps. "It could be a trap." They stare at each other for a moment. Deciding to risk it, Sam opens the door. Outside they find a trail of blood leading up the road. A girl screams. The brothers exchange a glance then race up the path. To their surprise they find a Werewolf attacking in broad daylight.

Without a second hesitation Dean proceeds to put a silver bullet in its heart. Sam helps the girl up whom is surprisingly still alive. "Are you okay? Did it bite you?" The girl looks down at her blood soaked arm.
"No, it just scratched me."
"We should patch that up for you." Sam says as he guides her back toward the bunker. "Do you know what that was?" Dean asks as he leads the way.
"Yes. It was a Werewolf." the girl answers after a moment.
"Are you a Hunter?" Dean asks, turning around to look the girl over. She's very petite in stature; muscles but seemingly not very strong. She looks about eighteen or nineteen. If she is a Hunter, she couldn't have been hunting for long. "No, I'm not. But apparently I'm the daughter of one."
Sam and Dean look at each other and then back at her. "Who's daughter?" They ask at the same time. "Look, I'll answer all your questions. But first, you two are Sam and Dean Winchester, right? She asks pointing at them.
"Yes. I'm Dean. This is Sam. Now who are you?"
The girl stands up a little straighter. "My name is Sophia Baxter. I'm Bobby Singer's daughter."

After they recovered from my last statement a bit, eager to hear more, we made our way into the bunker. Sam sits me down at a large table with a global map under the suffice and begins to clean my wound. I watch as he sews up the gash in my arm with the precision of a surgeon. Obviously he's done this many time before. Dean is in a seat across from us, eating. Or should I say gracelessly devouring a cheese burger. I know that they are patiently waiting to hear my story so I begin by telling them how I found out that I was adopted, the brutal death of my foster parents and my introduction into the Supernatural world. I told them I searched for my birth parents, discovering that my mother died in labor and there was no father listed. With nothing left to do, I had been put in the system.