Chapter 1

Grace:

It was about two years ago that all my friends had had glimpses of their future. I did too. I couldn't stop it, but that's okay. Everyone is very happy to know what's coming for them later in life. Rory's kind of disappointed that she doesn't get to marry Jake. We've all got a future ahead of us, and there's no need to wait for it.

As I walk home from school, I feel GREAT! Amanda and Leo can't believe they started high school today, and I helped Tara pick out a floral dress for today since she quit on black.

Connor greets me at the front door, and wraps me around in a hug. I can tell he's still concerned even though he thinks I lost all my powers. Even though I don't have all my powers, I can still make pizza, see the lights binding people together, and more. I am now realizing that I'm a lot powerful than I thought I would be when the vortex found a new home. After all, I'm still the protector of Willow Falls.

My parents look as happy and worry-free as possible, that it doesn't make me regret the forgetful potion we made two summers ago. After I eat, I sit in my backyard, leaning against a tree reading a book. Connor had to run to Emily's dad's house to add on to another one of his inventions.

"The Mark of Athena," Reads a familiar voice over my shoulder. I feel myself blush. Now three years ago, when all my friends were in it, I thought I'd never understand love. But now that I'm turning thirteen, love is kind of everywhere.

Owen sits down next to me, and smiles ahead of him. "Do your parents still not know about," He looks around. "The vortex?" He whispers. I laugh. "For the millionth time, no!" He shrugs and smiles at me. Owen knows about my powers because I trust him. He moved here on the day I turned eleven."I guess that's kind of good," I nod in return.

For a couple of minutes, we both just sit there together staring into each other's eyes. Owen's were a pretty shade of blue. I see his hand move towards mine. Finally, a voice shouts within me.

Of course, at this moment in time Connor just had to come back. "I forgot my..." His voice trails off when he sees me. Connor can get a little over protective sometimes. It can really get annoying. He thinks I'm not ready to fall in love yet. My parents are totally cool with it though. They love Owen.

"Hi, Owen. Funny seeing you here. You should run home. Grace and I kind of have to talk about something. Right, Grace?" Connor grits his teeth, indicating for me to pla along. I growl, and nod. "Yeah, totally. Bye Owen. I'll see you on Monday,"

Owen hesitates to get up for a minute. "Mhmm... B-Bye, Grace. Nice seeing you," Owen flashes me a really cute smile, and walks away; head down. I throw a rock at a tree next to me. "Why'd you do that, Conner?" I ask, frustrated. "You're not ready yet," Is all he says. I sigh. Like he knows. "Look, just because you don't have a girlfriend doesn't mean you need to keep me from love!" Conner looks at me. "I-"

Before he can finish, I storm up to my room. I can't imagine how Owen is feeling.

  Wow, trouble with first love for Grace. Whoo, it's finally out. A lot of you have been begging me for this. Well, here it is:)<3  One of our favorite character is growing up*fake sobs* Who's your favorite character in Willow Falls? Do you think Grace and Owen will "hit it off"? Should I ship any specific couple that you would like(like for example Leo and Amanda)? Comment down below!