CHAPTER 1 - Trustworthy

Imagine a 14 year old smartass in a zombie apocalypse, funny right?

Getting up in the morning is already stressing enough if I'm being honest but the news weren't making it any better in peticular.

I'm Yasajah Isaac and this is my-
our story on the apocalypse.

Looking in the mirror, Yasajah quickly fixes his messy curls, and rushes into the kitchen to prepare his school lunch and stuff, yeah you get the idea of his messy morning routine eh?
"Don't you have to go now?"
Yasajah turned around, hearing his parents bedroom door open. His mom was tiredly leaning herself against the doorframe glancing on her phone for the time.
"Nah mom, I always leave at 7:40 or 7:45 am"
the brunette mumbled, stuffing another toast into his mouth. His mother sighed
"if you say so..."
she made her way to the bathroom door at the end of the hallway, between the kitchen and bedroom.
"I'm serious mom!" He yelled after her, his voice cracking like a goose.
"We don't speak with full mouths, Lier!" Yasajah groaned at the muffled teasing of his mom. He had asked her multiple times why she'd call him one of his second names instead of just using his official first name. Everytime he did all he got was
"I like the name." He took another look at the watch and dramatically gasped, inhaling a bread crumb, making him cough loud enough to alert his best friend all the way back in Farge. He could hear his mother giggle as he sprinted around his flats corners, stuffing his lunch bag into his backpack and grabbing his keys.
"Bye mom!!"
"Have fun!"
"As if."
"You know what I mean."
He slammed the front door shut, earning a groan from his mother. Yasajah basically flew down the flight of basement stairs to fling his bike up and started pedaling for his life. The boy raced through the streets, almost getting run over by parents who decided they MUST let their kids out directly infront of the school, causing huge traffic jams like always. The cold spring air of March hit his face which made his cheeks burn. A deep scarlett blush crept onto his, from the cold weather bleached, natural tan face. Being mixed can be weird, imagine losing colour in the winter and then looking like a self tanning fail in the summer. His favorite grey scarf was flung around his neck, hiding a good amount of his face. A matching grey beanie pressed his curls down into his face making it hard but not impossible to see through. His warm breath shot up from his scarf fogging up his glasses in the corner. His bike rolled down the little hill to his school yard where again, a bunch of parents dropped of their kids, honking at the other children who dared to walk or ride near their cars, as if they are superior, clogging up every possible school entrance. The boy made his way through the sea of tripping and slipping kids, bikes and honking cars, as he reached the bike stands in the middle of the school yard. Swiftly slipping the lock off of his handlebar and between the silver shimmering spokes. He hurried over to his friends who were waiting for each other in the same spot like every day.
"7:53 am, fast as always." he said to himself as if he wouldn't literally live 7 minutes away from school ground.
"Ah Michelin man!" an oh so familiar blonde boy chuckled, poking Yasajahs side teasingly.
"Shut it Joris, you look like Eminem if he was a high school jock."
"Tell me that isn't better than looking like a grey Michelin man."
"I give up."
An also greatly known long haired ginger-blond guy approached the little group of 5 as the bickering between the one and a half head taller Joris and the angry Yasajah continues.
"Ey Toni! Did you bring the comb?"
Finley was never going to forget that one time their Russian teacher had called Yasajah "Toni" on accident because she forgot his name.
"Hah? Oh yeah I'm sure I did!"
Jennie and Erik looked at eachother and asked into the round,
"what time is it?"
"time to head to class."
Joel cheekily answered, earning an obviously unamused look of the dirty blonde girl.
"I don't know, like 7:55 am probably."
Joris muttered as he pulled out his phone to disconnect his ear buds.
"7:56 am to be exact."
Yasajah bombed in, waddling behind the not much taller Erik, as he started to head to the third floor.

Listen guys I know, I know.
"This is an apocalypse story?"
You might say now, but be honest. You read slow burn too don't you? So why not stick around the boring part of the good stories alright. It's not like I'm here to write one shots about my experience in the apocalypse.

"Erik your hands look... Not that healthy." Yasajah said stern as he took one of the brunettes calloused hands into his. Erik didn't seem very impressed by the look of his own hands but Yasajah couldn't stand how red and cold they were. "Don't you have gloves dude?"
he worriedly mumbled, taking off his own and warming up Eriks hands between his. "It's fine really, not like I have frost bite."
"Does it take frost bite to make you start taking care of yourself?"
Yasajah was not thrilled that his friend was literally this unbothered of simple harms. While Yasajah lectured Erik about how he should atleast wear fuzzy knit gloves, Alice and Kahir arrived from the other side of the schools hallway, small talking about anything that could have been talked about. Looking at the two together was funny enough, considering they are almost complete opposites of each other. Alice showed up to school looking like a homeless person every day while Kahir was more into looking like Ned Flanders or Spencer Reid on a daily basis. The others are convinced he got that from Yasajah but he says he just had a little change in style. Kahir also wears his dark brunette hair in his natural side part while Alice religiously bleaches and tones her hair into an eye piercing platinum blonde. Kahir adjusted his shirt collar as he pulled his tan trench coat off his shoulders and draped it over his right arm. Kahir had all right acting this fancy, his mother was a pretty successful lawyer. She spent most of her time in the Bremen city instead of back here in Vegesack but she still made time here and there to not neglect her two sons. His dad on the other hand was a teacher at their school.
"Mr. Dazir"
He was a strict man, not very liked by the students but not completely hated. Both his parents were in their fourties. Kahirs brother, Aamir was a lovable smart boy but quite the trouble maker from time to time.
Now that we got that out of the way.
Yasajah has just finished giving Erik a complex speech about not neglecting ones own needs but that didn't stop Kahir from telling them to
"Get a room"
See just because Kahir acts all fancy, doesn't mean he isn't just as idiotic as the rest of the group.
"See, maybe you should go get a room with them."
Joel blurted out.
"That's so not halal mode."
Kahir groaned out, dissapointed, in a lower tone. The teacher arrived, talking with some students, opening the classroom door.
"Lovely weather isn't it kids?"
She said putting her leather bag down on a table near her desk.
Mrs. Sassenberg, a sweet lady near end of her fourties. Her nicest trait being her weakness, considering most student don't take her serious.
She brushed her dusty blonde hair out of her face, tucking it behind her ear. The students calmed down, taking their seats as the lady scribbled down todays lesson plan on the white board. Math class was exchanged for an info lesson this day, in a few weeks the would be a Project week for the whole 9th grade. She started explaining certain dos and don'ts of projects questions, product ideas and more. Class went over quickly and the next lesson came by soon. The day went on after two horrible hours of playing street ball in PE and then finally the profile and third language classes came around.
Yasajah slendered to the school garden, getting ready to pull out some not needed weed again, like always.

"But Yasajah, I thought you had Russian class?" you might ask now, well funny story, I switched courses because it pulled down my grade too much. Yeah that's it, not so funny actually, pretty boring.

It had been snowing like crazy this whole day but climate change was making itsself seen by melting all of the snow and reaching pretty warm temperatures by the time profile class started. It was wet and warm out now, not a cool description of weather if you ask me. Heading home and stuff, you know how it works, you've been to school haven't you eh?
Weeks have passed and rumors about a virus with
"zombie like symptoms"
spread over every possible social media site imaginable in a matter of days. It has gotten so bad, even news channels have talked about it, but never even once have they denied the truth of it. And yes, I know news and social media... Not so trustworthy sometimes. But imagine this. An official meeting of politics, discussing above mentioned topic and then telling people to wear masks again. Kinda suspicious if you ask me. Now school carried on ofcoure because, well, because. Everyone talked about it, because why wouldn't you? Everything was "fine" because the virus did in fact not originate in Germany, however, it did reach Germany.
That's when stuff went downhill.
Seriously.

[to be continued]