Prologue: ̗̀➛

The cherry blossoms fell onto your face lightly as you sat under the Sakura tree, reading. You lightly pushed the petals of your face.

You grumbled as the second lead got rejected by the female lead. The book you were reading was full of twists and turns, and even though you know the female lead would end up with the first lead, you really wanted her to end up with the second lead.

' "I'm sorry, Ha-Neul, but -but I don't think of you as a boy. You're my best friend,"  Eun-Sook said, with a regretful smile. Ha-Neul's hand dropped slowly back to behind him, where the flowers he was hiding went back to where they came from.

"But why, Eun-Sook-ah?" Ha-Neul asked, with small tears glistening in his eyes. He quickly blinked them away.

"I-I- I like Min-Ho," She said, letting out a small squeaking sound at the end. Ha-Neul looked to the ground, but he was not disappointed.

"I knew it," he dryly chuckled and placed the flowers in Eun-Sook's hand. "At least keep them, Ok? I promise I won't talk to you after this if you don't want me to." Ha-Neul smiled slightly, and walked away, his hands in his pockets.

Eun-Sook looked at the ground guiltily.'

"He's so much better!' you declared out loud, flipping to the next page. 'He's kinder, he took the brunt of work for you, you literally SLAPPED him and he laughed it off! What is wrong with you?!"

You glared at the pages as if you were glaring at the female lead. A few strands of your dark-brown hair fell over your vision. 

A sudden hand brushed the hair out of your eyes. You turned as quickly as students when they were late to class and saw Park Jimin sitting next to you.

Your cheeks turned as pink as the Sakuras themselves. Thank god he wouldn't notice. You were under a shade, and your skin color was already darkened.

"You must be pretty engrossed in that book, huh?" he asked, as you nodded silently. "H-How long have you been here?" You nervously chuckled.

"Around twenty minutes. I was reading too," Jimin pointed at another book on the ground between you. It was labeled 'Just Your Ordinary Doctor.' You had already read that one, and you knew it was an action book.

Your cheeks tinted even darker. Had you been talking? Were you too silent? Did he hear anything embarrassing?

Jimin chuckled as he leaned against the tree again, and picked up his book. "Reading with hair in front of your eyes is bad for you."

It was only now that you had seen him did you notice how close he was sitting next to you.

"Ok," you smiled, flipping to the next chapter. "I won't do it again."

Park Jimin, your first friend, your first love.