Fall Break - Gilbert Arrives At Queens

I read the letter again and again, continuously until I have every word memorized. I have a section of the letter underlined in pen;

    "Anne, I have the grandest news. I was told by my professors today which dates I will be on Autumn break; I will not be attending school for the week of October 17 through October 21 (these dates do not include weekends.) If our Fall breaks align, I would be so happy to come to spend every moment of this break with you, my love. I will leave school the moment the bell rings on Friday, October 14, and find my place in your arms that night. Leaving you on Sunday will be a heartbreaking moment."

   When I first read this portion of the letter when I received it in September, my heart levitated, and when I discovered that the dates he will be on his break were the same as mine, my heart soared with an indescribable amount of joy. I lay this letter on my pillow and search my wall for the one I received recently and focus on a selected part.

   "I have collected the money to purchase a train ticket to Queen's on October 14. School lets out at three -o'clock, so you can expect to see me at five thirty sharp in the afternoon. I would not dare arrive late, I can not lose a single moment with you, my awe-inspiring Anne with an E."

     I hold these letters to my heart dearly as I stare at the clock on the wall reading two forty-five. The school bell rang fifteen minutes ago, and I bolted to my dorm to tidy my bed and improve my appearance. Since those fifteen minutes have gone by, I still have yet to do either of those tasks. I am sitting in my school dress with my hair down and somewhat matted- I was in too much of a rush and excitement to fully brush it out this morning- on my unmade bed. What a slob I am, I think. I have had fifteen minutes to myself and all I have done is read Gilbert's letters repetitively. How in love I am, I realize. He has been the first priority in my life since he ran to me on the day we parted ways for college.

      I read the words in my hand once more before composing myself enough to prepare for my love's arrival. I move towards my dresser to choose my dress. I have two gorgeous dresses which I haven't been able to choose between. I hold each dress up to my body as I look in the mirror indecisively. I have not been able to pick between the blue dress I wore the day we separated and a stunning green dress I purchased a few weeks ago with Diana when she took me along with her to search for an outfit for a celebration her aunt was hosting. Well, I did not have the entirety of the funds for such an expensive gown, but Diana saw how in love I was with the dress, so she supplemented the money I did not have.

 Well, I did not have the entirety of the funds for such an expensive gown, but Diana saw how in love I was with the dress, so she supplemented the money I did not have

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Kindred Spirits - Anne x Gilbertजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें