37. The Keep

~*~*~*~*~

News had reached the keep of the victory of Daemon in the RiverRuns as well as Lukes and Jaces it had started a whole new argument in the council room. "We received letter that Daemon and that unknown Targaryen had left RiverRun... How the fuck did our troops get killed it was more than 200 men and they were only 100 we could have won!" Otto Spoke.

"An unknown dragon was spotted not a day after Daemon and the other Dragon Rider left the unknown dragon came after the ambush and killed the remainder of the men, some were turned to ashes while others were killed in cold blood." Everyone gave one another a look as they waited for Criston to speak. "The shadow of the seven" Criston finally spoke as he sat down.

"We must come up with a plan, if things continue the way they are we will not have long in this war" Alicent finally spoke her nail ripping the skin from her other hand as she thought of her end of the end of her family by the hand of Rhaenyra and her bastards. "Those bastards have won their own battles" Alicent added not liking how much the two oldest boys of that whore had gain the support of houses and men.

"Lucerys the reckless and his white fury they call the boy, and Jacerys the worthy their future king" One of the Lords spoke venome in each word. "That bastard is not worthy of being King he will only bring chaos to this Kingdome" Otto Sneered. "We must end this before its to late."

"We should bring Daeron, with his help we might have an opportunity in taking more houses for Aegon" Spoke one of the men before anyone else could speak the voice of Aegon caught their attention.

"You must not worry, Aemond and I have come up with a plan" The doors to the council room opened reviling both brothers. The men in the council room looked at them waiting for their plan. "We will take to Rook Rest, the lord will have no other choice but to send for help and Rhaenyra or Daemon will come to help. Aemond and I will be waiting for them and ambushed them" Everyone gave the older brother a look it seem he was using his brain for once in his life.

"That could work, we get rid of the lord and one DragonRider, you should take leave tomorrow" Criston spoke as they all left the council room. Aemond made his way to his chambers tire from the previous day he only wish to sleep. When he arrived he saw the familiar black hair on his chair, a soft smile on his lips as he walked towards the person.

"Daena, you should be in bed" The person that sat stiffened at the words of Aemond, turning around Alys gave Aemond a glare as the Targaryen boy realized it was not Daena. He did not speak as he made his way to his bed falling asleep quickly.

The older girl frowned, they fuck Daena's name would leave his lips not hers, he would wake he would smile, and call her by her name, when speaking of the babe it was her name and not Alys. She had done everything to make him love her but it seem the only woman he ever thought of was Daena. Alys needed to get rid of her if she wanted Aemond for herself.

Looking at Aemond she sigh as she stood grabbing a knife and slitting her palm, grabbing one of Daena's old dresses she pour her blood drawing strange signals as she whispered in riddles. When she was done whispering she ripped the piece of the dress and tossed it on the fire, a curse for a painful death.

The moment the piece of the dress made contact with the fire, loud screeches followed as the fire grew in size Alys could not help but yelp as she stepped back, the piece of cloth falling on her feet unburned and any trace of blood gone. Her eyes tremble a fucking dragon, a fucking dragon that girl was.

On the other side of the Keep Alicent stood by the window her fingers ripping off flesh from the others, her mind kept going back to what Daena had said to her all those years ago.

The towers are not meant for the skies, the golden mutilated, the sun meets the spicks, the last eye with the rogue, and the blue in half by the morning start.

Alicent knew not to be a fool, she knew Daenas prophesy always came true, that had been one of the many reasons Viserys had been so attached to the girl. His little prophet he had called her since her first prophecy.

Alicent knew she had to be intelligent on how to get rid of her, but every attempt to get rid of the girl had gone wrong, but she also knew that Daena was the little sanity left of Aemond, since she left her poor boy had done some not so good thing.

Alicent sometimes flinch when Aemond would touch her or even look at her, Alicent had heard of the things he did to the whore of the silk streets before he meant Alys, the mutilated bodies found on the streets, or the few remainder bastard of his brothers found dead on the waters of Kings Landing.

Alicent did not know what she had done so wrong for them to turn like this, Aegon a drunk and Rapis, her sweet Helaena mad and always whispering things, Aemond pleasure of war and destruction, and her daring Daeron sending the poor boy away at only 12 had been one of her biggest mistakes.

Perhaps, she shall call this off, but Rhaenyra would win and so would her bastards... But she missed her friend she missed laughing as they walked through the halls of the keep murmuring to one another, she missed running her hand through Rhaenyras hair as the princess laid her head on her thigh, She missed reading to her princess. Alicent missed the late night trips to the princess room where sometimes Rhaenyra would steel a k-

"Queen alicent King Aegon and Prince Aemond are to leave now" Alicent jumped at the sudden voice of one of her septas. Alicent nodded and left her room following the older woman to where her eldest two were. When Alicent Arrived she saw Aegon hugging his beast as he often did when he was a child.

Aemond remained standing as Alys talked to him, her hand on her flat belly as Aemond nodded at what Alys spoke. Alicent eyes grew distant her eyes unfocused and just for a second Aemond would transform into her old friend. Shaking her head Alicent smile sadly at her elsest kissing Aegon on the forehead and doing the same for Aemond.

Aegon had flinched at her touch as if he had expected a slap. Aemond had only nodded before mounting his beast and Aegon doing the same. Alys remained where she stood before joining the Queen the both leaving back to the Keep.

Alicent did not speak with her as she left to her chambers, Alys to Aemond's. The Queen could only sigh as she sat on her bed, memories of her youth coming to her as they often did these days. What if good Queen Aemma had survived, what would her life be?

Alicent sometimes wishes her father would just die, that whatever illness he had would just end him, then she would pray until she couldn't shame of such thoughts. The Queens's eyes held only sadness these days, it appears she was going mad just like her old friend. Her hands played with the hem of her dress as she looked out the window, expecting Syrax to fly by with a laughing Rhaenyra.

Unwanted tears left the Queen's eyes before they turned into sobs. She could not feel like this towards Rhaenyra, not anymore, memory after memory hunted her from her youth. The last one was the look of sadness, betrayal, and hurt from her princess, as Viserys announce his betrothment to her the same day both girls had confessed their feeling.

How she wishes for that whore to die and put this unholy memories to rest.

~*~*~*~*~