They Love Me, They Love Me Not

For @mandylaren23!

So- I know that Hanahaki Disease usually involves romance but in this case, it's all gonna be platonic brotherly love! This ain't T-Cest-

Here's a brief summary of Hanahaki Disease in case you're confused: it's a fictional disease in which the victim coughs up flower petals when they suffer from one-sided love!

*Gives tissues*

Enjoy!

Also TW: Bl00d and v0miting

~*~

"They're gonna love this!"

The youngest orange-banded terrapin beamed happily as he dipped his paintbrush into the blood-red paint before adding it to the painting. Mikey then took a step back to admire his creation.

"Woah...it's beautiful! My bros are totally gonna love it!" Mikey churred as he gently covered the artwork to let it dry. He didn't want to risk them seeing it before it was finished. Or risk ruining his creation. 

Mikey then headed to the bathroom to wash the paint off of himself. He usually got pretty messy when painting. This time he'd gotten a rainbow of paint all over his face, hands, and plaston.

"What are you doing?" Raph suddenly asked as he'd walked in. Mikey yelped in suprise. "Oh uh, nothing bro!" Mikey lied. Raph raised an imaginary eyebrow.

Luckily, Mikey had just finished washing up. The youngest hummed a cheerful tune while walking to his room. The couldn't wait for his brothers to see the painting! It was gonna be amazing!

The next day, Mikey came into the lair area while carrying something covered with a tarp. Leo, Raph, and Donnie Iooked up from their spots on the couch. "What is that?" Leo asked in confusion. 

"Something I've been working on for months, just for you dudes!" Mikey smiled as he revealed the painting. It was a photo of the four of them in front of a cherry blossom tree with green grass at their feet.

There was even a blue sky with puffy clouds in the background. And a big yellow sun. In the painting, the brothers were smiling and hugging each other. There was some red and pink writing.

It read: I love you, bros!

Leo, Raph, and Donnie eyed the creation in suprise. "Mikey...this is incredible!" Leo smiled. "I gotta admit, it's pretty cool!" Raph grinned. Donnie studied the piece. "It's amazing!" He chirped.

Mikey happily bounced up and down. "Thanks dudes, I'm glad you like it!" He smiled, looking at his art work proudly. He wondered if they saw the writing on it.

Before Mikey could ask, Leo spoke up. "We'd better train now." He checked the time before walking to the dojo. Donnie got up and followed, as did Raph. Mikey froze, his smile fading.

"They didn't see it..."

Mikey sighed as Raph turned around. Luckily, he hadn't heard. "You coming, Mike?" Mikey faked a smile and followed Raph to the dojo.

After training, Mikey wanted to try something. He walked into the kitchen where Donnie was making his third cup of coffee that day. "Hey, D!" Mikey beamed.

"Hey, Mikey." Donnie responded, sipping the hot drink. Mikey hugged his older brother happily. "I love you, bro!" Donnie hugged back with a small smile and nuzzled his baby brother. He then headed to his lab.

Mikey frowned and looked down. "He didn't say it back...does he not love me...?" Mikey frowned. He started to cough a bit.

Mikey sighed before walking to Raph's room. The second oldest was playing his drums. When Raph saw Mikey, he stopped. "Hey little brother." He smiled.