ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇs

The sun crept over the horizon, casting a orange tint to the hazy sky

The sun crept over the horizon, casting a orange tint to the hazy sky. The marsh was calm and quiet, whispering as the waves lapped over one another.

The surface was covered with millions of diamonds that sparkled from the suns reflection that was painted pink and orange from the sun.

The hammock swayed and the wind chines sang when the cool breeze coarse through the air, tussling the vines from the great oaks. The radio, that someone had forgot to shut off, hummed softly to a old beach song.

The chateau was hardly ever peacefully with a group of rambunctious teenagers prancing around its property but however the mornings were always tranquil and calm when everyone was asleep.

Well almost everyone.

You groaned softly as you stirred in the bed, the hint of old spice, mint, and a pinch of salt hitting your senses. Your eyes dazed open, looking up to see a snoring boy beside you. Your hand was casually pressed to his chest as his arm draped across his blanket-covered stomach while the other was tucked under your head, his fingers loosely gripping your hip. His body felt warmer against yours, making you snuggle into him more.

You paused when JJ shifted in his sleep, turning on his side so that now he was facing you, his other wrapped around your body pulling you in closer, if that was possible.

You smiled as adoration bloomed in your chest as you briefly pepper kisses along his collar bone that was exposed from the sheets. You couldn't believe how blissful it felt being in his arms. You were amazed you were by the sleeping boy that held you so tight in his arms. He felt like your shield of protection from the outside world.

You carefully cupped his cheek, running your thumb over his cheekbone. Studying his face, you started to memorize every freckle and even some scars that faded into his tan skin. Suddenly, the corner of his lip tugged upward into a lazy grin and he leaned into your touch. A heavy sigh leaving his lips as he reached under the covers to pull your leg over his own.

You smiled at the action, shifting before staring back up at him with doey eyes. In your eyes he was the beautifulest thing you'd ever seen. He was flawless, especially when he was fast asleep with pouted lips and messy hair.

Your heart skipped a beat when his eyes finally grazed open, a ocean of waves washing over you, drowning you in beauty.

"I know I'm hot but it's not polite to stare" he teased, his voice scratchy and rough as the grin on his lips grew into a sly smirk, causing your stomach to do flips.

"I can't help it" you whispered, your hand sliding to the back of his neck to nestle your fingers in his untamed hair.

"Can we stay in bed all day?" He requested with a groan, burying his head into your chest.

"You don't want to go out?" You pondered, leaving a kiss on the top of his head then twirling the ends of his blonde hair.

"Why go out when I have everything I need right here" he said quietly. You felt your heart skip a beat, your skin warming as you realized that you were hopelessly in love with the boy smothered into you. You'd never felt this way about a boy before and the feeling was exciting but also terrifying.

"Especially right here" he then smirked, bringing his hand up to squeeze your chest, ruining your wonderful thoughts.

"Cut it out" you held back a laugh as you swatted his curious hand away.

"You know u love me" he chuckled, lifting his head to met your eyes. You couldn't resist the smile that was tugging at your cheeks at the sight of the teasing grin smeared across his lips.

"I do"

The room fell silent for a moment, the two of you enjoy the comfort and warmth of one another but then it was broken by the soft yet raspy voice of JJ.

"I love you-" he practically whispered, pausing for a moment. "-and I promise to love you forever"

Your stomach flutters as your heart pumped harder and louder, you were sure that he could hear it beating rapidly. As you began to reply he spoke once again.

"Do u promise to love me forever?"

"Forever" you promised, reaching down to grasp his hand in yours so that you could lock your pinky with his. He grinned at the action before sitting up on his elbow and leaning down to press his smiling lips against yours.