32 - Trashed (No, not drunk)

Gonna start including a mental health pic as well so enjoy ☺️☺️ —— Sorry for the late post I've been sick for like a month...idk what is wrong with me. Anyways!!! Here you go, I know a LOT of you were asking for an update. (I may upload twice tonight depending on how many ideas I get whilst finishing the next chapter 💀, you're welcome)
——————————————————————————————-
Previously:

I wrapped my arms around his neck as he tilted his head and grabbed my waist. I felt my wrist vibrate and just as I went to check, the door opened. We quickly separated, thankfully the student that walked in was looking down at their books. I looked at my bracelet, then his. They were both cyan. We were soulmates.
——————————————————————————————-

I reached up to cover my mouth before I realized the other student was still there. I quickly hid my bracelet behind my back and played it off my playing with my lip before panicking, grabbing my things and rushing off toward the exit.

"THANK YOU FOR THE HELP, PROFESSOR. I MUST BE OFF NOW!"

I rushed into the hallway and ran off to my common-room. What was I going to do?! What would I say?! Thoughts began rushing into my head until I heard a knock at the door. I looked up and noticed a Slytherin girl hovering in the doorway.

"We have a problem."

My eyebrows furrowed as I followed her out of the common-room, she led me toward the great-hall. It was trashed. Tables turned upside down, ghosts crying, candles spilled over on their side. It looked like a hurricane had gone through it. My eyes widened as I noticed the headmaster standing at the professor table with a frown on his face. I rushed up to him to ask how this happened, but before I could even open my mouth, he spoke first.

"He can't possibly be back..."

He seemed to be muttering to himself, but I heard anyway. Both me and the Slytherin girl looked at each other and shrugged. I spoke up first, "Headmaster Dumbledore? What...happened?"

He finally snapped out of his trance and stared at me, motionless. I will admit I had gotten a bit freaked out over this. He then yelled, causing the girl next to me to jump in fear, and made my skin crawl. "HARRY POTTER!"

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Sir...you cannot possibly think that a first-year could do all of-"

He stopped me in the middle of my sentence. He rushed off, leaving me to stand alone with the other girl. "Geez...rude." I nodded in agreement with her and looked in her direction.

"What's your name?" She stared around the room a moment before replying. "Esmeralda." I nodded and began walking toward the middle of the room. "Okay then, Esmeralda. Let's get started." She smiled and began cleaning before I even had to explain what I meant. I liked this girl.

—TS—

We were about 45 minutes into cleaning when we heard the doors slam open and about 12 different staff members came in at once. I immediately got frightened, thinking they would think it was me...as usual. The girl noticed me tense up and slowly sat the cup onto the table that she had just picked off the floor. "Professors..." I began to explain myself before they split ways and Dumbledore walked in from behind them. I visibly relaxed as I knew they were here for a different reason.

Dumbledore began to speak loudly and passionately, "I appreciate you two students cleaning up a smidge. But now it is time for you to go. Your work will not be overlooked." He looked down at me with a hint of positivity. For once...I knew he was proud of me. I smiled and nodded as I looked at Esmeralda and gestured for her to follow me to the exit. We had to pass all of the professors, one-by-one they all came into view. Hagrid—he looked sad and confused. Minerva—she seemed almost...emotionless. Remus—he appeared as if he had just been woken from a nap. I saw a few other teachers from classes like Muggle Studies and such.

That was when I noticed the last professor. The tall, angry, daunting man. He seemed just as he usually did, vexed. That is until he saw me. Nobody else would notice, I think...but for just a split moment, his appearance faltered. He seemed almost softer? No. No way. I must be imagining things. That man...soft...over me? Haha! Yeah, right!

We made our way out of the Great Hall and stumbled down the hallway towards the commonroom. We only had a few minutes until dinner, so I knew the other students would soon see the mess of the Great Hall. I felt worry fall over me as I wondered what would took place when we had gotten back there. I was quickly snapped out of my thoughts by Esmeralda tapping me on the shoulder. "Hello? Come on! We are going to be late."

I furrowed my eyebrows before I noticed I had been daydreaming for 15 minutes. I got up and followed her, racing down the hallway. When we got to the dining hall, we noticed all the students were there...sitting at their respective table. Peacefully. The professors were also at their own table. It confused me, then I remember how stupid I was. They used a spell to fix it. I giggled at myself, then went to join my friends at the table. "Draco! Hello good Sir." He rolled his eyes before we were interrupted by the clearing of a throat. Everybody stopped immediately and looked up at the Headmaster.

"Due to unforeseen circumstances, classes will be canceled tomorrow. Please spend your time studying or visiting other students. I would not trust that you leave Hogwarts. Students must stay inside. Enjoy your meal."

He snapped and the food arrived onto tables. Everybody began to dig in except for me. I was incredibly concerned. Classes canceled? No leaving? This was hardly a usual occurrence. I knew that...apparently Esmeralda knew that as well. I believe she was a third- or fourth-year, she looked older than the second-years, but I could almost never tell. I noticed her staring at me as I looked down the table, she furrowed her eyebrows as I shrugged. We both seemed to be confused about why nobody else was worried about this.

—TS—

After dinner, the students all dispersed besides me and Esmeralda. We were both still seated, waiting for a good opportunity. I nodded at her and we both stood, beginning to walk toward the professor's table. She stopped suddenly and looked at something behind me. I raised an eyebrow until I heard a deep voice. "Allow me to stop you there. I understand your intentions. However, the Headmaster needs time and space currently. Bring your friend to my classroom and I will answer your questions." I turned around to look at him and nodded slowly. I appreciated him for doing this, but it also confused me. When was he ever this helpful to students?

Esmeralda also seemed to hear him as she came closer. She raised her eyebrows and thanked him for me, as I was speechless. He walked off and she stared at me another moment. "Weird." I nodded and giggled before we looked back at the professor's table, they had all left apart from Dumbledore, who seemed to be deep in thought. We agreed with Severus—err, Snape—that it was best to leave him be for now. We walked off toward the dungeons. Once we got to the classroom we knocked on the door and waited for an answer.

————————————————————————————————-

I'M BACK!!!

Yes, I will try to upload more frequently. Apologies for the late upload, I had a huge writing slump again 😭. But anyway, thank you for reading and stay tuned for the next ep. Again, may be tonight but for sure this week. (PROMISE THIS TIME!!!) ❤️❤️

Listened to my favorite group while writing so it helped me to be motivated. 😝 Will have to try this more often so you guys stop bugging me about uploading 😩