Introduction

INTRODUCTION

Iris Summers

Rain is splattering on the windows in this humid summer night. As always I stare the windows blur along with the city outside and look upon it's gloomy beauty. I always loved and hated what feeling it brings me. The feeling of "reality"- distorting things that we may see as beautiful to a very blurry image creating monsters from it.

"Iris! Are you going home? It's almost 9:00 in the evening. It will be dangerous to go outside on your own. You wanna join me?" Kirsten said

"I will be fine on my own. You can go now." I coldly replied

"Oh, okay then but be sure to close the library."

I am Iris Murie Summers. People call me Iris. I work in this library because of my love for literature. Also, it isolates me from people and noise which is quite convenient and comforting. But whenever I have time off work, I always visit this place, Cafe' Francois, where you can write a letter to anyone and stick it to the wall. It's been my hobby and my stress-reliever. I also write my own novel which is about life and this world.

As usual I went to work the next day like any other day, or so I thought. I was organizing books that afternoon and something, no, someone got my attention. There was a man sleeping on the floor with books all over his body. I got so irritated because for me books aren't supposed to be treated like that. Also, it's a freaking library and people are supposed to read in here not sleep in here. I stopped organizing and went straight to the man on the corner.

"Hey! Wake up! This is a library. If you want to sleep, sleep at your house." I said with a low but cold voice

He responded with a shrug

"Why you little! If you don't wake up and bring back the books you made as your... camouflage! I will kick you out of this library right now." I coldly and calmly said

He didn't even budge. That means only one thing... I kicked all the books to the side and kicked him on his abdominal muscle.

"Owww!!!! That hurts!!!! What the heck did I did to you?!" the man said

God... He looks awful. He looks like in his 30's with slightly grown beard and mustache. His black hair is slightly messy. He even has this black rimmed glasses and an untidy polo shirt. But even though he's awful in many aspects (even his idiocy). His brown eyes gave life to everything.

"Sssshhhhh!! Keep quie- Oh my gosh! What happened to the books in there?!" Kirsten said

"Well, this man here slept and used all of it as a cover."

"Oh....well can you please organize the books again and fix your issues with that man? You see I am very busy in here to do things like that."

"Okay, because I DO like the satisfaction in DOING things like that." I said with an emphasized sarcasm

"Okaaaay then, cherio!" Kirsten walked away the aisle with a chuckle

"Hey you haven't answered my question yet! Why did you kicked me in my stomach? God! Are you out of your mind or something?"

"Ugh! Were you even listening to our conversation earlier? I said you slept here, in a library! And used our books for your convenience in achieving such an act!"

"Well, even so... I think you were being reckless and dumb. You could have just tapped me or shouted at me or something Missy." he grinned

"Oh please... I think it was only natural for me to do that to someone like you. Who would know if you actually have an ulterior motive. And by the way don't call me Missy! I have a name. You vermin."

"Ooohhhh that burnsss... So, anyway, what's the name of this beautiful missy standing in front of me?" his grin went wider

I am gonna freaking punch this idiot straight to the face. He is SO annoying.

"I should get going. I don't talk to strangers. Especially not with someone as cocky as you." my face turned beet red not because of attraction but because of irritation. But, I tried my best to remain my calmness in my voice.

I turned away and paced towards the aisle of books I was working at. But before I reach destination.

"Hey! My name's Josh! Don't worry I'll take care of the books and... I am not that glad to meet you, missy" he chuckled

I looked backed at him with stabbing eyes

"I said my name's not missy. And by the way, the feelings mutual."

I walked away..