my entertainer.

the jester, a joker or even called a fool. they were entertainers, it was the middle ages at the moment and it was very prevalent to have one in a royal household. their hats, commonly having floppy points with bells at the end of them. sometimes a mask and sometimes face paint. they often mock the kings enemies, making the king explode in laughter, if they're not amusing or diverting enough, they get executed

hwang hyunjin. the jester of Koreas royal family. he had been relevant for many years. lee felix, the prince was his only love, he was devoted to the boy, infatuated even. the way his black locks covered some of his face, he was in love with it all. the prince didn't speak a lot. u could tell he wasn't fond of being royal, the boy wanted to live life, explore the world and the see the nature he has been longing for forever, the castle was like a trap, he felt like he was being pinned down by the stone walls, not being allowed to leave. he would do aught to see the world outside these stone cold enclosure's. he could never speak up about his troubles because he knew he would just get lectured. the trees were barely discernible by the lack of light from his room window. but the jester made him chuckle even if it was just ere long.

-

the jester quickly appeared when the king called, grabbing his marotte, a marotte is a stick that most jesters have, they normally have a head on them wich also looks like a joker. most people don't know this but jesters are very well respected & are significantly educated.

"yes sir" the jester said in a funny voice, the bells on top of his head ringing

"make some jokes."

hyunjin gulped out of apprehension, being scared to do something wrong.

"but of course sir" the fool said in a enthusiastic tone.

-

"HAHAHA u never fail to crack me up." the king said sitting in his throne throwing his head back in laughter.

just as the jester went to leave, he saw the small boy wearing a blue cloak softly stepping on the spiral stairs. his raven locks brushing his cheeks. the train of the cloak following him every step. god he looked gorgeous in hyunjins eyes. the graceful way his lips parted, the way he walked, the way he talked, the way he was him.

"if you'll excuse me sir" the joker said bowing down to the male i front of him.

the tall male quickly made his way up the stairs endeavouring to make even small talk with the prince. he quickly ran up to the male that was walking to his room at a slow pace.

"sir, do u need any type of entertainment?" the jester asked helpless, willing to do everything to get something out of the beautiful boy.

"no thank u.." the male said putting down the hood of his cloak. staring deeply at the mask the jester wore, wondering what he may look like, hyunjin was certainly not ugly, he was gorgeous, i mean? his looks were outstanding. if only felix could see.

"oh i see."

"have a nice day." the jester continued making his way back to his room in a fast pace. he sat down on his bed and waited a bit before pulling his mask & hat off, fidgeting with them in his hand. ruffling his hair, sighing in pure frustration.

what do i have to do to get the boy, i know i'll do anything, anything.

hyunjins thoughts were full of everything, the amount of overwhelming things he has to deal with. the work of a jester isn't easy you know? if ur not funny enough you'll die. and if u are funny? u will have to serve the family for the rest of ur life, never getting any type of freedom.

the fool vigorously threw the plastic mask on the floor, grunting in anger.

"are u oka-" a soft voice said