Prologue

CURSE OF THORNS AND ROSES

P R O L O G U E

The soft melody of the harp brings forth peace and life to the endless woodlands. Her fingers are so gentle and delicate while giving the world a lovely harmony that calms even the wildest of souls. Eyes closed she allows her fingers and her body to be swept away into a world unlike any other. A fantasy she creates within her mind. Her lips softly rested in a smile of glee as if nothing could bring her down. So gently the light breeze kisses her cheeks and cools her skin from the warmth of the blazing sun above her that like the surrounding area takes comfort in the melody.
    Playing the last notes before all becomes silent, she gently opens her eyes. The emerald sheen within the irises shows beauty beyond word description. Beauty is often overlooked and if taken a second glance within them the sorrow and anguish would be visible as day and night. Her lips part and she lets out a silent sigh.
    Standing, she allows the ripped hem of her gown to touch the grass. Barefooted she takes a couple of steps toward a tree trunk of a tree that broke during a nasty thunderstorm. Leaving behind the trunk with splinters in every direction. Ever so gently, her finger grazes the splinters. The wood is cool to the touch and sharp enough to cut through flesh yet the flesh on her index finger remains intact.
    She eyes the needle-thin and razor-sharp splinters. Years have passed since the tree fell down and the splinters still remain as dangerous as they had been the moment the tree was brought down. Gazing from the trunk, she eyes the trees around her. Each branch is brittle and breaking apart. The bark is rotten and flaking. Roots hollow and detached. Not a single leaf in sight, neither on branches nor the ground. Every last tree is dead and rotten.
    Taking her hand from the splinters, she looks down at her fingers. Tears swelled in her eyes. Her mind circled in a rageful storm of hate and guilt and remorse. Staring at her palms and her fingers, seeing nothing but the destroyer of this world. That is what she is and will always be.
    She sits down with her back leaning against the trunk. The cold grass is so gray and dull. Taking a deep breath, she leans her head against the trunk. Her hair tangled in the splinters. With a dreamy look in her eyes, she watches the sky.
    The light blue tint of the sky is a beauty that few are able to comprehend. So softly the clouds brush against the beauty's cheeks so lightly and filled with opportunity. Light and airy they cast these tiny strokes of shadow across the world. They graze the world with rays of beauty. Touching her skin, the warm does find her yet still she finds herself shivering.

The fire burns bright. Bringing forth light and warmth to the surrounding area. Forbidden to the touch. Too tempting and alluring. The crackling every so often is the only sound that grazes the room. The dancing flames provide everlasting entertainment as well as compelling and hypnotizing for all those who dare to look into the eyes.
    His eyes have fallen victim to the flames. The thoughts within his mind are lost and forgotten for the fire has taken them away. His breathing was so soft and deep. There is one thing the fire cannot take away. Worries that can last a lifetime have plagued him. Eating him from the inside out. For some, the fire can be therapeutic yet now it does not do the wonders he wants.
    He lets out a deep sigh as he stands from the chair and towards the window. The slightly foggy glass as well as layers of dirt on the outside makes it nearly impossible to see the outside world. It is not the world he wishes to see when eyeing the window. His gaze is deeper than that. Almost as if he does not see the world before him at all.
    The summer midday might have wonders and beauty that goes unnoticed by him. His reflection is barely there from the light shining from the outside and the state of the glass and yet he can slightly see his eyes. The eyes are filled with fury and worry that none could possibly fathom. Trapped in an endless cycle with no escape.
    While the sun's warmth has blessed the world with hope and glee, it cannot reach the inside of the room. Darker than his heart, the room mirrors himself in every way. Gloomy and mysterious but like a geode there is treasure if looked closer on the inside. His cold exterior as well as the cool air within the room. The fire is what has given warmth to the room, and if looked closer there is a fire within his heart.
    Outside the world blooms with beauty and wonder, and the garden below his window is filled with flowers and plantations that grew nowhere else in the world. Every color and shade can be found and no shortage of grace and elegance thrives all around. Creating a world where insects and animals alike have found their homes and begun their families and live their lives to the fullest.

What is a world without suffering? It is within suffering that life is brought into the world and the wonders of a cycle begin. None can follow through life without loss or pain or suffering. There is no cause for why it presents itself on the surface of life and yet all would be lost without it.
    The ones knocked down become stronger with each strike of suffering. Whether physical or emotional, pain will forever be a part of life and allows every being to become a stronger version of themselves. Life is tough and pain will always challenge each and every being alive in ways that some will never overcome.
    Destiny is what all have and few dare to acknowledge. For all eternity destiny has been within grasp for all to reach yet the road to grab it is a challenge on its own. Life has always been about overcoming challenges to reach the goals of destiny. Married together with suffering and fortune and life becomes fulfilling.
    Within the arms of destiny, fate has tied together the bands of life. Fate is a thing that can change depending on the path one takes in life. Fate has never been a thing that seals life in place. The truth would be that fate and destiny are simply options for one to take. The choices and experiences are what shape the future and fate of everyone.
    Rarely fate is written in stone and sealed where nothing in this world nor the next can break it. Some beings are favored by the world to have been chosen for such a fate and yet for two beings that fate is the one that brought them together and keeps them apart at the same time. Destiny longs for their relationship while fate demands their separation. Cruel intentions from both which have forced the two to live in constant agony, apart and miserable and longing for each other's comfort