eight

Zhia

Zhia
You're not gonna make Lele like you by
avoiding him

Jaemin
It doesn't matter. He doesn't like me
anymore than normal when I am
with him

Zhia
At least with him you can try appealing
to him

Jaemin
I appreciate it but he doesn't want me
We should all let it go

Zhia
We'll let go when you lose feelings for
Lele
Until then, you have our support

Jaemin
It's pointless but whatever

«»

Jisung turns the corner and freezes when he sees his ex. He's staring at the fruit and having a conversation on the phone so he doesn't see Jisung.

Rushing to the other side of the store, Jisung comes across the second-to-last person he wants to see right now.

"Jisung!"

"He's here."

"Where?"

"By the fruit. I am leaving, have a good day."

"Wait!" Renjun catches Jisungs arm.

"Renjun, I'd really like to leave right now."

Renjun nods, knowing Jisung got the worst end of being cheated on and removes his arm. Jisung hurries to checkout and then practically runs out of the store, right into someone.

"I'm sorry", Jaemin apologizes, putting the stuff back in the bag. When he stands up, he sees the guy is nowhere to be found. He looks around and doesn't see him but no cars leave either. Thinking he might've walked, Jaemin walks around to the other side of the building and finds guy sitting on the sidewalk with holding his knees up to his chest. "Hey!"

Jisung flinches, paranoid that one of these people is going to be Nate. When he looks up and sees the guy and the bag, he realizes. "Oh."

Jaemin hands him the bag. "You okay?"

"I'm not having a good day anymore." Jaemin waits so Jisung continues. "I saw my ex in there. He cheated on me. And then I bumped into the guy he cheated on with me. Who yesterday went on a date with the new guy I like. He didn't know this, of course but I don't like the reminders." As the tears begin to fall, Jisung feels the guy sit next to him. "You don't have to stay. I'll be fine."

"Maybe but I'm a little concerned about you accidentally lighting your sleeve on fire", Jaemin says, nodding to the lighter Jisung's fiddling with.

"I'm fine."

"You're not."

"Why do you care?"

"Why can't I?"

Jisung doesn't respond, just continuing to stare at the flame switch on and off, trying to ignore the presence of the guy next to him. Only a minute goes by before he can't ignore him any longer.

"What's your name?"

"Jaemin. Yours?"

"Jisung."

"Do you have anything planned for today?"

"Besides avoiding my ex and the guy he cheated on me with?"

"Well I don't think that was your initial plan."

Jisung chuckles. "Avoiding my ex is always part of my schedule. Avoiding Renjun is new."

"Renjun?"

"You date him too?" Jaemin shakes his head but can't stop the heat that creeps up his cheeks from thinking about what he has done with Renjun. Jisung smirks. "Hookup?"