Chapter 55 - 2019.2.17

The trip to Thailand became unexpectedly harmonious after Yang Ke's departure. Huo Wan integrated well into the Lin family, as if she was truly one of them, without any discomfort.

After that night, Lin Ran could clearly feel that the relationship between her sister and Huo Wan had eased, and even started moving towards a flirtatious direction.

Out of curiosity, she secretly asked Huo Wan what had happened that night, but she just smiled mysteriously and didn't reveal anything. She let it go.

The great-granddaughter and "adopted granddaughter" also noticed the subtle interactions between Lin Dang and Huo Wan.

Although they were old, they were not so old that their eyesight had deteriorated.

Moreover, with the cautionary tale of the younger granddaughter, the old folks' hearts were as clear as a mirror, and they gradually began to speculate.

As two elderly people who were nearly seventy years old, Grandma and Grandpa Huo's attitude was quite different from each other. After a day's activities, they often returned to their room and discussed what kind of interaction the two children had in secret.

Unaware of this, Lin Dang and Huo Wan were particularly careful with their words and actions, afraid that the elders would see anything too intimate and be shocked, unaware that they had become the subject of gossip among the two elders.

The trip continued for about a week after Yang Ke left, and the group reluctantly boarded the plane back home.

They came in even numbers, so they were able to sit two by two without anyone being left out. But when they left, there was one less person, which inevitably caused someone to be left out.

Lin Ran volunteered to sit alone.

Huo Wan was supposed to sit with Grandma Lin, whom she always loved, but for some reason, she suddenly asked to sit with her daughter-in-law. Refusing her, she sent her to sit with the great-granddaughter.

So the seat allocation was inexplicably settled, and Huo Wan sat with Lin Dang, who had already been arranged in advance.

She sat in the seat by the window, with her forehead against the inner wall next to the window, looking through the small window at the vast tarmac outside, feeling a lot of emotions.

This trip to Thailand was not in vain. Not only did they successfully repel the love rival, but this one-sided crush that had lasted for more than a decade had finally begun to receive a response. They expressed their feelings to each other, and their relationship advanced a big step from where it was before.

Actually, at the beginning, they were still very hesitant about whether to come or not.

After all, being rejected over and over again after being proactive for a long time naturally leads to a feeling of weariness and exhaustion in one's heart.

But the fact proved that her decision was right. Sometimes she secretly said to herself in her heart more than once: fortunately, you didn't give up.

Huo Wan looked out the window, and Lin Dang turned her head to look at her.

Compared to before, where she always refused and avoided, after that night, her attitude towards Huo Wan had eased a lot. Occasionally, she would take the initiative. Although it wasn't anything great, it was already a good start for someone with her awkward personality.

After all, she still didn't know how to get along with a girl she liked?

Should she get along with her like a good friend? If so, it felt a bit strange. But if not, then how should she get along with her?