Chapter 1 The Ship called Rimor

Date: 36th Millennium Year 186 August 10th

Outer Rim territories

Sol Sphere

In the vast darkness of space, in one of the many trade routes of the Outer Rim. A lone cargo ship sailed through the darkness, on a routine standard voyage to deliver cargo to Station Far Point. The only SolForce naval station and anchorage that borders the boundary between the Outer Rim and the boundaries of Interstellar space. It was also the only anchorage servicing SolForce naval ships in this area. Nearby was the space colony of Port Town. A Yorktown class space colony, it contains millions of individuals and is currently the Solar Government's newest and most advanced Space Colony class. The Yorktown class space colony structure consisted of a matrix of city-sized interlocking rings and radiating arms enclosed in a spherical translucent surface; many have likened it to a giant "snow globe" in space. Several of the station's arms reached the surface of the sphere and mounted doors large enough to admit starships into internal space lanes.

The arms of the Space colony met at a central nexus point where a central plaza and the colony's Headquarters stood. Due to the complex gravitational characteristics of the structure, the center of Port Town contained a gravitational slipstream. Port Town contained a shipyard and was defended by numerous turrets on its surface as well as a network of satellites, all armed with phasers and photon torpedoes. The station's military and manufacturing capabilities were sufficient for it to pose a significant threat to the Solar Government operating in the area if captured intact by an enemy. It housed several million beings from across the Sol Sphere, including the family of naval officers stationed in the nearby Far Point Anchorage.

The station was divided into zones, such as arts/culture, parks/nature, sightseeing, and recreation. Attractions included museums, gardens, restaurants, nightclubs, and bars that were reputed to be excellent. Public transporters were available to move between zones, and monorail-like trains were also operating. The station offered customized environs for the different resident species, adjusting for preferred gaseous composition, artificial gravity, and atmosphere (temperature, humidity, pressure.) Environmental settings include those living in low to high-gravity environments. In a way, Port Town is the most vital port in this trade route of this area in the Outer Rim. As such, it made this route a viable target for pirates and raiders to roam around.

As a result, many ships travel through this trade lane in particular. Knew the risk that their ships might get attacked by these raiders. Most have entirely avoided the lane in particular, doing everything they can to avoid this particular trade lane at all costs. While inadvertently causing an economic crisis in Port Town as a result. Others braved the lane only to find out the severity and scale of the piracy and raiding problems. To combat the rising threat of raiders and pirates. The Solar Government had begun building Station Far Point as a way to not only protect Port Town's fragile economy but to ensure security in this apparent lawless area of the Outer Rim. As promised, SolForce battlegroup 41st was stationed in Station Far Point to provide protection to this sector of the Outer Rim territories. With the battlegroup's flotilla on constant patrol missions against any raiders and pirate attacks. To even incursion by the Lovecraftians themselves.

As the lone cargo sailed through to its intended destination. However, the cargo ship crew was unaware that they were being tailed. Just behind them under stealth was the Huntsman class stealth destroyer, called the Rimor. The SFS Rimor itself was a standard second-generation model of the Huntsman class stealth destroyer as part of the initiative to build ships that specialized in combating the Lovecraftian monsters from outside the safety of the Sol Sphere. Despite being specialized to fight a specific enemy; like all ships in the SolForce navy, the Rimor can also be used in a multitude of multirole missions, like the one they are currently undertaking. It was initially not a too-surprising mission. However, given the circumstances now, this mission was highly unusual.