Chapter 5: It's Time For Action

In the police department building, people walked in and out, holding paper or files, taking phone calls, or chatting with others, it was quite a busy day. In the head office, however, seriousness was about to unfold.

Aizawa sat on the guest chair, crossing his arms while Shion was sitting right next to him, sitting normally. Shion was at first wasn't allowed to join in on this conversation, but she let herself in anyways. The head was standing right beside the window, again, it seemed that it was a habit that he had according to Aizawa. None of them opened their mouth, until Aizawa spoke out.

"The restaurant. Two days ago, where did he get the sarin?" Aizawa asked an unrelated question.

"Oh, you know who." The head answered like he knew the next question. "It's about them, isn't it? It's always about them, they are back, then?"

"Um...I am assuming you guys are talking about the killer's boss or whoever he is working for, right?" Shion barged in. "What he mentioned? 23CROWS?"

"13CROWS." Aizawa corrected. "Yes. Them."

"My gym teacher, was part of it too?" Shion eyes widen. "The school isn't a safe place no more then..."

"Don't worry, Shion-kun. Your school is under our heavy observation so nothing will happen to the students or innocent teachers." The head reassured her. He turned his head back to Aizawa. "Now, about these pesky crows..."

"They weren't active when I was quarantined." Aizawa scoffs. "What are they trying to achieve here?"

"You think I will know?" The head and Aizawa head butt to butts, chatting like old rivalry while Shion is watching, she wishes she has popcorn. "Well, I think I do."

"Surprising." Shion sips the tea that Asahi gave them.

"We know their goal is to take over the world, yes, childish. But why? The reason, my theory is anyway, is the hand band." The head points to Shion hand band.

"Reasonable. Our hand band sources are mysterious, how they boosted our brain and body is magic-like." Shion nodded.

"That's right, and from the report you handed in, they have gotten their hands on it too." The head sighed. "How do we confirm it? Cause the government told me."

"Wait, meaning they started producing it? This doesn't make sense." Aizawa raises his eyebrow, doubting. There is no way they are trying to find the source, yet they are creating it, it doesn't add up.

"The prototype files were stolen. And about the sources and how it was produced, I am not allowed to know these. I am assuming that they could have found their goal. Or they just copy and pasted them."

"So we are just prawns for the government." Aizawa rolled his eyes.

"Now, I didn't say that they have the perfect version, you two have." The head reminded. "The hand band needs two people to operate it. And the prototype was a one-person test which end up fatal, you get what I am saying."

"So other than the source and what this test result is or will be, you don't know, but what happens after they will share?" Aizawa doubted more by the second. "What the fric-"

"So meaning that they will die?" Shion cuts in.

"Side effects, yes." The head answered. "Though I am not sure how many, death is one of them."

"Taking over the world, finding an unknown source of power or magic...this is just like a case." Shion eyes brighten. "Aizawa, we are solving this, right?"

"Well, we do seem to be the only ones that can go against them." Aizawa sighed.

"If you are going to find them, I won't stop you, nor the government will. But you sure?" It was the first time the head showed some kind of different facial expression, which surprised Shion seeing how worried he was for Aizawa.