dye.

day 8 tuesday
Everyday of school since she transferred, things have felt the same. Silent work and go home. But something changed. Three girls now had their eye on Lune. At the beginning of class, Lune walked to her desk. but, for some reason a girl with pigtails and glasses now sat there. she was talking to mayumi about something. Lune didnt care to listen to what anyone was talking about . But she needed her seat. Mayumi notices Lune entering the classroom and smiles as if they were close friends.

"Lune!" she waved. "i talked to the teacher and she found that moving your seat to the front of the classroom next to mine would be much better for getting to know your classmates!"
Lune quietly gasped "but i am okay with sitting here."

"dont be-" she grabbed lunes wrist "silly." with subtle hostility.
she pulled Lune to the front of the classroom next to the empty chair where the other girl previously sat. "its just a seat" she crossed her arms and rolled her eyes.

Lune examined mayumi. Her hair was decorated differently. She now wore her hair in a ponytail like ha-euns. Lune mechanically sits in her new seat. "you should be thanking me" she places her hand onto lunes shoulder.

Finally the bell rings and soon everyone is seated

Finally the bell rings and soon everyone is seated. ha eun and jang mi also sit near mayumi. Mayumi held that same smug look on her face. one leg rested upon her other. As the teacher wrote on the chalkboard, Mayumi passed a note to Lune. Hesitantly, Lune read the note :

"ask to go to the bathroom"
Mayumi peeked at Lune as she crumbled the small piece of paper. They look at eachother. She raised her eyebrows with demanding eyes and compressed lips. Her head tilts to the teacher indicating her demand for Lune to do as the paper says.

Lune involuntarily gets the teacher's attention and quietly asks to go. The teacher immediately permits Lune to leave and so she does. as she heads for the door, the class quietly snickers or gives eachother unsure looks or whispers. Confused, Lune looks back at the students, trying to understand why everyone is acting so strange. The teacher widens her eyes as if she had just noticed something and trudges towards Lune with urgency. "maybe you should visit the nurse." she says in a hushed voice. Lune turns to look at mayumi, who is now holding red dye with a wicked expression . She quickly looks at the back of her grey skirt which was now stained red as if she had her period. Dismayed Lune bolts out of the classroom , still hearing the faint laughter of her classmates. She finally makes her way to the bathroom, covering the back of her skirt with her hand. She quickly grabs toilet paper from one of the stalls, wets it and attempts to remove the bloody looking stain from her clothing. all she does is smudge it and make it look worse.

She soon realizes that there isn't a way to fully remove the stain. She defeatedly starts to walk downstairs, on her way to the nurses office. So focused on what happened, she is taken aback when a guy is walking up the stairs and they are met. They both pause for a moment before he finally smiles. That friendly smile.

"oh hi, never seen you here before." his voice was deep but calming. He was a fairly attractive tall male. Smooth, fluffy hair, narrow brown eyes, ivory skin, and firm lips. His appearance was intimidating.

But now wasnt the time to think about it

But now wasnt the time to think about it. "are you new?" he questioned. Lune didnt notice how awkward she was being so stuck in her mind . "oh um.. yea sorry.." she spoke with uncertainty, as is she barely knew the answer. He took another step up, the same one that Lune stood on and Lune immediately stepped back into the stair railing to hide the stain from him. "well i am Maekawa Haruto whats yours?" she stammered "lune." "Lune? i've never heard that kind of name before. odd." "yea im a transfer student" she drifted off " . ..but ..but... im japanese." "i can see that. ... are you ditching class?" he asked . she waved both her hands in a crossed motion "no.. no im um.. i was called to the principal office." "ohh so you're a delinquent." "no ! no.. i umm.. it was probably for forms i need to fill out since you know,, im new." she lied. "oh" he replied. "well i hope i see you again soon.. lune." with that he continued his way up the stairs and once he turned the corner, Lune continued her way down to the nurse's office.

"ive had my period and need to borrow a skirt" lune states. "well, you are lucky, i actually only have one left so hopefully it will fit you." the nurse examines lune for a quiet moment. "you are small so it should work." she says with an absent stare.

Lune enters the small room in the office with the skirt to change. She replaces the stained skirt with the one the nurse had given her. She looks around the room she is in. There was nothing but a small white bench and a mirror. The grey carpet was stained in several spots with unknown black dried substance. The room smelled like a hospital with an indistinct lemony scent. Lune stared deeply into the mirror with hatred. She desperately combed through her messy black hair with her fingers, seeking to feel less hatred for herself. She concluded that the task may be impossible. she walked out with her head down and back to the nurse . "thanks for the skirt" Lune muttered. "clean your uniform and return it tomorrow." the nurse replies in a monotone voice. "sure" Lune folds and places her messy skirt in a plastic bag and heads out. "dont let them walk all over you." Lune comes to a halt, still facing the exit. Realizing the nurse would say no more, she understands and finally leaves.

Her chair is cleaned and for the rest of the day, like any other, Lune is silent. Mayumi and her friends issued mean looks at Lune every once in a while. Why? why was it always me ? she thought to herself.