Prologue

Los Angeles Times

August 24th, 2019

Kaia Waters, Angel or Demon?

Written by Nancy Moore

Who is Kaia Waters? Well, that's a tricky question to answer. To the world, she is the "it" girl of the '90s. The voice of an angel, looks of a goddess. The only child of the iconic rock artist from the '70s, Kai Waters. Solo artist until joining the band Sunset Curve as one of their lead singers. From the rumors of Kaia and Luke Patterson (lead singer) dating, to her boyfriend that was 25 at the time they were together, the beautiful teenage rockstar never ceased to be on the cover of tabloids.

You might be wondering where the tricky part comes in. Since most of the band's tragic death in 1995, friends close to the band at the time have come out to reveal hidden secrets about the band's lead singer. According to our sources, Kaia wasn't exactly the angel the world assumed her to be, "I couldn't fucking stand Kaia. She was a total bitch." Says one source, "She took advantage of everything that was handed to her," Says another.

"She was barely ever at practice, always felt she was too good for it."

"She spent most of her time getting high out of her mind."

"Always with that boyfriend of hers. In coat closets, bathrooms, his car... I'm just surprised she never got pregnant."

"Biggest cheater in the world. I remember she would make excuses all the time to be alone with Luke. We all know what that means."

"Kaia and Luke? They hated each other. Couldn't be alone in the same room for more than five minutes before getting at each other's throats. Part of what made working with her so hard. She made Luke angry all the time."

"I heard from a producer back in the day that her boyfriend was abusive and that's why she took all those drugs."

"If you could just see the way her boyfriend looked at her. He was so in love, so sad she didn't love him as much."

Looks like the young musical sensation wasn't the angel we all believed her to be. Maybe it's a good thing her life ended when it did. The world is better off with one less arrogant rock artist.

Smells Like Teen Spirit

A/N

AHHH I'm so excited for this book! It's my first time publishing anything I've written and I could not be happier!