Chapter - 2

"Abi, Why did you participate in this competition with Priya? That too with the idea we created?" Tanya groused behind the stage.

"Come on, you participated with Varun so I can participate with Priya. For your kind information, that was my idea." Abishek exploded by holding Priya's hand.

"Abi, It was our idea. After two weeks, we decided to enter the contest jointly. After learning the regulations of the scientific exhibition, learners from the same school should be matched up. I have said you that my senior and I will work on the concept that you and I came up with. You assured me that you would stand with me. Now, what exactly is your issue? Varun is your relative and a senior at my school. Do you have an issue with him? Tanya calmly inquired.

"I don't have any problem with him. I have a problem with you. When you decided to use my idea, I should have refused it." Abishek screamed.

"Stop it, Abi. A week before, you refused to participate in the badminton tournament with me. You had the desire to play with Priya. I didn't oppose or fight with you at that time. Now, You know how much this science expo is important to me. The prize money is going to help me in my higher education. If we both go inside with the same project, you and I will be disqualified." Tanya raised her voice.

"I don't care about it. It is your problem." Abishek confessed walking towards the stage and holding Priya's hand.

"We are best friends. Why don't you support me?" Tanya halted Abishek by holding his hands.

She pushed Priya's hand from Abishek's hold. Her heart was beating fast in fear indicating to her that something is going to happen wrong.

"We were...But not now. Now, we are enemies." Abishek told in his deep and hoarse voice.

He removed Tanya's hand forcefully and clutched Priya's hand. Tanya didn't know what mistake she made to earn his enmity.

"Abi... Don't do this... Abi, Abi... Listen to me once..." Tanya cried witnessing Abishek and Priya participating in the competition together.

"Abi...Abi...We are companions forever. Don't go away from me. Abi...I have a crush on you. Don't do this to me." Tanya blabbered closing her eyes tightly.

Kalyani watched Tanya's blabbering in her dream. She shook her face to bring Tanya to reality. Tanya somehow managed to wake up. Kalyani blinked her eyes as she didn't know why Tanya was talking in her sleep.

"I had a nightmare." Tanya lay resting her right palm above her eyes.

"Oh my god! Dreams in the morning will happen in your life." Kalyani shuddered to start to clean her room.

"This nightmare had already happened in my life 12 years before. So no need to worry about it" Tanya whispered to herself folding her blankets.

She rushed to the bathroom after viewing the clock. Kalyani performed her cleaning activities. Tanya changed herself into a comfortable dress and came to the dining table. She looked at her breakfast. Her breakfast was filled with fruits and a glass of milk. She was sitting alone at the dining table.

She felt loneliness in her life. Viewing Kalyani, she thanked god for at least making Kalyani stay in her life. She made her way to the office from her home as usual by walking. After reaching the office, her day has been filled with work. Sonam noticed Tanya's sadness. She decided to speak to her after leaving the office.

Returning from the office on the bus, Tanya rested her head in the bus's closed window. Suddenly, both experience a jerk inside the bus. The bus halted. After five minutes, everyone inside came to know, the bus had a breakdown.