10.5

(aurhornim: wanted it to be a Christmas in August episode (iykyk) but couldn't wait so here it is)

——————

[ The back door is the door in The Bangtan Bar's kitchen which leads to a backyard

[ The back door is the door in The Bangtan Bar's kitchen which leads to a backyard. The backyard's half the size of the kitchen. When someone walks out of that door they're met with a small rectangular patio, which is the only place in the backyard not covered with grass. Further to the end of the backyard is a brick wall, crumbled down to a decent level revealing a wide and colourful view of downtown Seoul. Right opposite to the wall is the small noncommercial part of the mountain this elevated street was built on. Jin plans to make the brick wall a bit more safe to lean over and view the city once he earns enough to shift his focus from main course to side dishes.

The wall's a bit more crumbled on the left side, making it wide enough for jungkook to sit and dangle his feet, making the backyard jungkook's favourite place to hang out with his thoughts. (Even though it's used as a dumpster coz it has two huge trash cans in the corner, right against the brick wall which stink if you're anywhere in their five meter radius of death, and the black wall, which has the back exit, is what separates the backyard from the street and is where the garbage truck arrives every morning to collect trash.)

Meditation from tomorrow, jungkook thinks as he takes a puff and watches the smoke pollute the christmas night as he exhales, sitting at his favourite spot, facing the city decorated with lights like a christmas tree. He had finished his performance some minutes ago and was overwhelmed with the feedback. The crowd tonight was surprisingly big and the number of people he had to thank on his way from a corner of the bar (almost a restaurant now) to this backyard was way more than what he had expected. He had forgotten what it felt like. It was always so bittersweet but he couldnt get to perform enough for him to get used to it.

Maybe he should start with yoga and then slowly include meditation in his routine and then he could easily be able to meditate whenever he wants to and get rid of all of his stress, he thinks. But a cigarette is so much easier and less time consuming, his brain adds after taking a puff. He'll be able to afford a healthy lifestyle or a surgery once he gets rich so it's okay, he thinks before closing his eyes and proceeding to take another puff. The cig was about to touch his lips before it disappeared from his hand. His eyes follow the path it takes.

You take the piece of lung cancer from his hand and crush it on the brick wall. "die somewhere else," you state as you aim at the trashcan five meters away from you only for it to land on the grass.

He looks at you, a bit offended, a bit surprised, poking the inside of his cheek with his tongue. Before you could say anything, he snatches the can of beer from your hand and tosses the half filled can of liver cancer in the same trashcan you aimed at. It takes the perfect parabolic trajectory of a projectile and lands in the trash.