Chap1: Witchy Boot Camp (sample chapter)

a\N: Hello new reader! *waves enthusiastically*

This is the first chapter of the third book of The Lost Boys trilogy, called Lost and Found. It is a sample chapter for you to check it out and if you enjoy the read, you can purchase the book in the links posted here:

https://liliancarmine.wordpress.com/buy-the-book

Enjoy! x

.........................................................

CHAPTER 1

Witchy Boot Camp

"How about now? Are we there yet?"

"Harry, dude, this stopped being funny three hours ago," Tristan grunted from the driver's seat.

It was the twelfth time Harry had asked since we'd set off on the road trip. He had been squirming in his seat for the past hour, fizzing over in excitement.

Seth sat in the passenger seat, repeatedly turning the map upside down and back again, his tongue poking out in concentration.

"We should be getting near a small side exit now. The camp is really close, I think," he stated.

"Are you sure? You don't seem to know the right way to read that thing . . ." I muttered from my seat next to Harry in the back.

"Shut it, Skippy. In this car I'm the second in command. I'm Chewbacca to his Hans Solo. I give the instructions to the captain of the ship here!" Seth said smugly.

That was Mr. Seth Fletcher, my hardcore nerdy blond friend.

"Fine, Chewie," I grumbled under my breath. I had been demoted to the back seat because even if my life depended on it, I wouldn't know how to read a map and give the right instructions, therefore Seth had been allowed the seat next to Tristan to assist him as the official navigator.

"Are Josh and Sam still following us?" I turned round to look at the road behind us. Sam and Josh had most of our luggage and instruments in their car, and were following us close behind. Nobody had wanted to sit in the back of their car because of Rocko, Sam's new dog. Rocko, an English Mastiff, tended to get car sick quite easily, and I couldn't think of anything worse than a barfing hyperactive dog on such a long journey.

"Man, this trip is going to be friggin' swell!" Harry exclaimed, imitating the Fifties slang that Tristan sometimes used when he was excited. "We are going to rock the fans' socks off with this new album. I can feel it!"

We were heading out of state to a private camp in the woods. A secluded cluster of cabins in the middle of nowhere was the perfect place to start working on the new album and brainstorm some new songs and lyrics in privacy. We'd be semi-incognito, so wouldn't even need a security guard, which was a relief after the way the last one had turned out.

The girls had been left behind. Seth and Sam's girlfriends, Tiffany and Amanda, were used to the band's private get-togethers whenever we had a new album to work on, and Robin, Harry's new girlfriend, was having a vacation of her own with a couple of friends. But this trip wasn't just about work, although the girls weren't aware of our ulterior motives for this week away.