Human Romance

Demetria's POV

"Why did you bring him here?! Why didn't you even tell me he was there?!" Jasmine keeps asking the same damn questions.

I messed up, I know I messed up, but what other choice did I have? Leave him there with angry vampires? No way. He thought I was a spy, if he knew what I actually am then he would be shocked. At the very least.

"You need to stop lecturing me and find a damn memory erasing spell or something." I was still pacing back and forth because I was as stressed as she was over this.

"Spells don't just come easy okay? Sometimes I need to practice them and memory spells only come in potions." She explained.

"Then make it." She rolls her eyes at me before she took a seat and sighed.

"I haven't made potions in years and besides, there's only a few ingredients here because no one here is a witch. I will have to start looking for ingredients and it might take me a week or two." She says.

"A week. Only a week. If he's here and those idiots come, they will know there's a human here and I do not want them in my business." She nods in agreement. The only person I am willing to talk to is Damien, after thinking about it deeply I do feel I was being selfish for pushing him away.

"Why didn't you just knock him out anyway? Why did we have to bring him here?" Jasmine finally asks the question I was hoping she ignores.

"I... I didn't want to touch him." I reply honestly. It could mean I didn't want to hurt him or I just didn't want to trigger the mate bond more than I already did.

"Why not? A lot of things could've be-." I cut her off before she could finish her sentence.

"I know! I know I just... couldn't. Okay? Can we not talk about this?" I close the discussion and started leaving. I don't have to explain this to anyone, I don't even want to think about it.

"You're hiding something. Demetria, I can't help if you're gonna keep secretes from me." I stopped in my tracks and sighed in frustration.

"Isn't that what you're suppose to do? I'm your Queen aren't I? You follow my orders." I have never used that on Jasmine and maybe that's why she can say anything to me and I'm sure she's definitely offended by it.

"Wow so it's like that? I'm not helping." I turned around to see her folding her arms like a little kid. She does act like a little kid.

I take a deep sigh before replying. "You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

"Try me." I was not mistaken when I said with Jasmine it feels like we're in a relationship.

"We might be... connected." I can't find it in myself to say that word anymore. If I do as much as start accepting it, somewhere somehow in the midst of it all I'll end up in is tears once more. Looking like an idiot, like a little weak girl. I don't want that again.

I don't want to feel weak.

"Connected how?" She asks again. Connected only means one thing which is why I didn't dare say more but just look at her waiting for it to click. When it did I noticed by how her eyebrows raised in realization.

"No... no way." I removed my eyes from her to the window of my office.

"Yes, Jasmine. Yes way." I start to walk around to sit down on my chair since well I have nothing to hide now.

"But that's impossible. But also good." I quickly looked back at her in disbelief. How is this a good thing? What part of this is a good thing?

"What- why? How is any of this good?"

"Because you kinda need that. Someone to get over you-know-who." Seriously that's the first thing she thought of?

"No. I need him to forget about this about me so that he can live his normal human life." I'm not sure whether it's me who wants to go back to my normal life or it's for him but either way, it's too dangerous for him to be in my life. "As normal as the life of a spy is."

"Oh that's why you want me to be quick with the spell. Okay tell you what let's make a deal." She was giving me that look I dreaded, the one where she was about to blackmail me to and this is too obvious.

"No, I'm not going to let you blackmail me." It's too late she was already thinking about it and smirking like a crazy woman, this is why I didn't want to tell her.

"Just hear me out. One week, it'll take me one week to make the potion and in that one week, you'll get to know him." She says. Part of me is curious about knowing him yeah but I don't want to get attached and I doubt I will let myself get attached.

"The vampires will be here in one week. Why won't you let me have peace of mind?" She seriously wants me to go crazy.

"Demetria, you're gonna erase his mind. Might as well abuse this time or you will end up regretting not taking advantage of it. The potion will work on you too if that's what you want. This is an opportunity to change, to choose yourself for once." Choose myself. That's what stayed on my mind, she thinks I should spend more time with him.

What exactly is the point if we're gonna get our minds erased anyway? What if he hurts me like everyone else? He's undoubtedly gorgeous so why the hell wouldn't he seize the opportunity to mingle with everyone? Or worse, he will think I'm a freak. He will think we are all freaks, he will think I'm a murderer and I'm heartless as soon as he knows of my past. That I can't handle.

"He won't understand about us or the... connection thing because humans are already ignorant. For Pete's sake he pointed and locked a gun at me." When he did that I felt a jolt that I hadn't felt in a while. Hurt.. but I pushed it I aside because it is his job when he sees an enemy after all.

"Make him understand." At that very moment there was a knock on the door. We both turned to it and I called for the person to come inside.

In came Kristen wearing different clothing from a few hours ago. It's actually morning now and neither me and Jasmine went to sleep because we've been going over having a human in the kingdom.

"Meine Königin, lady Jasmine. The human is awake and has questions." She informs us. I thanked her and she took her leave. It is now dawning upon me that I'm the one who has to speak to him since I'm the freaking leader. This is hell honestly.

"Well, looks like you don't have time to even think about it. One week, Demetria, just one. At least for the kingdom, we want to see you happy." And just like that she decided to drop a bomb on me before leaving.

She's right, a lot of people have been wanting me to let loose, have fun, smile or whatever. They have been wanting to seem me happy, I don't get how just a guy can make me happy but I guess I could try. Maybe just once. Being a Queen is exhausting.

.....................................................................................

Hey readers! Here's another chapter to make your day. Stay reading 🫶🏼