109) All I Want

Ft. Filip 'Chibs' Telford

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Mia
Gemma and Wendy were sitting on the couches of the living room when we entered the cabin. My mother-in-law took one look at the grief-stricken expression on her son's face and lowered the steaming cup of coffee. Several of the guys still had blotchy faces from crying.

Ellie and Brooke stopped in the doorway of the hall, their faces dropping at the mournful atmosphere. "No," Gem whispered.

"Jack," My husband moved past the women and slumped into the loveseat. "Take the boys into the bedroom."

Abel and Thomas were seated at the kitchen table with their colouring books, watching us with interest. Sniffling, our eldest walked over to them, quietly whispering something to them before scooping them up easily in his arms. Ellie followed him, while Brooke went over to a tearful Rat, slouched against the wall.

Nero came out of the hall next, glancing around at everyone in confusion, before realisation dawned across his features. He approached Gemma as she straightened in her chair, a fierce expression coming over her. "What's going on, Jackson?" Jax sighed, pressing his thumb and forefinger to his temples. "You will spell it out for me, goddamn it, because I refuse to believe it."

My husband's features were pained as his mother's voice broke. "Bobby's dead," Gemma did her best to stop the tears, her face pinching into one of anguish and hurt, but they still welled up in her eyes. "It was August Marks. Retaliation for us going after the Chinese."

Gem stood and disappeared after my son, Nero quickly followed. Wendy wiped at her eyes, shaking her head and stood. She opened her mouth to speak but her eyes connected with mine and the stern expression I threw her, and she decided to stay quiet. Brooke watched her go and glanced at Rat to make sure he was okay before leaving too.

"Rat," Jax was staring over at me where I was perched on the arm of the sofa but his eyes were unfocused. "When it gets dark, you and Montez dig a grave for Bobby out back. He always loved this place. I want to keep him close."

The member bowed his head. "Of course, brother."

The president rose to his feet, my curious eyes following his every move. He gripped my shoulder as he passed. "I got to talk to Loutreesha, let me know when Chibs gets back to us."

...

Night had fallen, casting a deep quiet over the cabin. I sat curled in Jax's lap, the two of us watching as the guys finished digging the grave beside the house. The boys had been put to bed an hour ago and Jack had passed out from crying in Ellie's lap. The girl had been teary-eyed as she stroked my son's hair, not moving an inch as he slept soundly. Everyone seemed to be in shock.

Bobby's grave would only be marked by something we could identify for animosity's sake. Rat, Hap, Tig and Kenny heaved the corpse out of the back of the van, careful not to drop our beloved friend as they carried him across the dirt and gently set him down beside the hole.

Swivelling my head around, I looked up into the face of my husband. The only thing I could tell for certain that was going on behind that masked expression was that he was utterly broken. "My love," I reached out, stroking the back of my hand down his stubbled cheek. "I'm right here. Come back to me."

His deep inhale caused his chest to brush mine and he reached up, taking my hand in his. "I did this."

Tig and Hap looked up from their work, Rat and Kenny were in the hole to help guide the body down. Their boots were loud as they stepped onto the porch and Tig came around to plant his hand on Jax's shoulder. "We don't blame you, brother, this isn't your fault."