Exiled Royalty (ArDi)

It's a Mahabharat what if? thingy... It has no connection with the real MB. It's mostly inspired from SP MB...

This begins like after Drupad exiles Draupadi from Panchal. Here Arjun is also kinda exiled by the andha kanun... I mean his uncle for raising his weapon against Angraj. (I don't know if you guys remember that episode)

--------------------------------------------------------

'The gods forced you upon me. I never asked neither did I want a daughter!!' Draupadi was sitting near a lake in the outskirts of the Panchal city. Her mind kept repeating the words spoken by her father. 

She was heartbroken. She thought her father loved her. But truth is he never wanted a daughter and he didn't even want to see her face. 

A tear rolled down her cheek as his words were jabbing her heart. She wiped her tears and got up from the rock she was sitting on and looked around. Where would she go now? Her father had exiled her from Panchal city. She still didn't know much about the world. She had the knowledge about the Vedas, but she was naïve to the world.

If she was to reach the next city, she had to take the path through the forest. Malini's mother had informed her. She sighed, she was tired, but she had to.

As she made her way into the forest everything was so pretty. The trees, the path filled with green grass and lovely flowers. Tiny-tiny rabbits and deer's moving around the bushes. She even sat down for a few whiles to play with the little rabbits.

But she had to continue and as she went deeper inside the forest, the trees were bigger, and the canopy was denser. The light that reached the ground was much minimal as compared to the outskirts of the forest. Here instead of the lovely rabbits and deer's, she could hear the growling voices of wild animals, which send chills down her spine.

She stopped in her tracks as she heard footsteps behind her. She turned around and saw none. She walked backwards and she heard footsteps behind her again. 

Suddenly someone grabbed her hand from behind a tree and she screamed. Three men with swords and their faces covered, stood in front of her. 

'Wh...o... who are you?' She stammered. The men smirked and looked at her from head to toe. She was adorned in jewelry and fine clothes. Was she a princess? Or a thief... like them? Whatever she was, she was ravishing.

'It doesn't matter here.... woman... tell us... where did you find all that gold?' He asked with a vicious smirk. She stepped back and her back hit the tree.

'My... my father...' 

'Is your father a king...?'

'Yes...' she stammered and told the truth.

'Stop lying if your father were a king, he would never leave you all alone in the middle of this forest without guards swarming around.' They stepped closer, their intentions didn't seem too good. 

'My... my father would not spare you if... if he knows...' she tried to protect herself, although it was a lie. They chortled and one of the men held her hands. The other man's hand went towards her neck and pulled the long golden har harshly. She shrieked and pushed them with all her power. 

But before she could run one of the men pulled her dupatta making her fall back. He held her hair tightly and she screamed loud. Her voice echoing through the forest. They forcefully removed all her jewelry. 

She hoped they would leave her. She was horrified when one of the men's hands moved towards her dupatta as if to remove it. She resisted... she was slapped. They pushed her on the floor. She closed her eyes; she regretted being born at that moment.