Chapter Two

AUTHOR'S NOTE: this is posted on my tumblr account, my username is @/cypherverze !

┏━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┓

After two days, you had already been given the clear that you can now leave the medbay. The pain from your wound and injury are still there, but nonetheless it's getting better slowly. You head to your own room, which Tony had built for you when he found out that you're his niece, despite of not living in the compound, he had always told you that you are welcome anytime. You also stashed some of your spare briefcase in your room, in case of emergencies.

You decided to take a shower, then change into a plain white shirt, some leggings, and running shoes. You put on a gray oversized hoody over your plain white shirt, never forgetting to place your phone in the fromt pocket of the hoody, anf brushed your hair, putting on the black baseball cap. You wanted to go get some fresh air, maybe walk around the city and see wherever your feet takes you. Before you leave the compound, you dropped by the lab to check on Tony and Bruce.

"Knock knock." You knock on oke of the table and saw your uncle doing his stuff, together with a boy, "Working with a new partner, I see."

Huh, he's kind of cute. You thought.

"Hey, (Y/N). Good to know that you're already out of the medbay, and yeah. Bruce is currently out right now, so I'm with this underoo." You smiled at your uncle. He dropped the screwdriver that he was holding and turned to the boy beside him, "Paker, meet my niece, (Y/N). (Y/N), meet Parker." He smiled at the both of you and quickly going back to what he was doing.

You walked towards them in a slow pace, you reached out your right hand to introduce yourself properly to the boy.

"Hi, I'm (Y/N) Jovanovich, Tony's niece. Glad to finally meet my uncle's intern and protégé." You smiled softly at the boy.

"H-Hello, the name's Peter Parker." He shook your hand, but retracted it right after and scratching his nape.

He's shy. He's shy and you find it a little bit cute.

"He's the boy that I'm telling you about, if ever you decide on transferring to his school, you can hangout with him and his friends so that you won't feel alone at a new environment." Tony said, still focused on what he's doing.

"You'll be transferring to Midtown?" Peter asked.

You nooded and sat down by the desk, checking out the cups that holds a few amount of pencils and ballpens.

"Yeah, but it's still a pending decision. I have important things that I can't leave behind." Peter nodded at your reply, but you weren't able to see it because you're too busy on checking out the pencils and ballpens infront of you.

You grabbed a pencil, you noticed that it has been newly sharpened, and twirling it between your fingers. You smiled softly, you remembered when your father had told you that he had killed some guys at a bar by just using a pencil. Young you wondered back then if you'll be able to do it as well, maybe today's your lucky day. You had always been on the lookout for new and innovative ways to eliminate your targets, why not try it with a pencil.

'Anything can be a weapon, Воробушек'

The sudden memory of your father had appeared in your mind, smiling at the memory softly as you stare at the pencil in your hand. It seemed like an unlikely weapon, but you are willing to try anything, it had always been resourceful, and you knew that sometimes the simplest tools could be the most effective one. Like father, like daughter...what can you say?