Chapter 1: No More Lies

Driving down the roadside by the Han River, Dalmi couldn't help but let her tears run streaming from her eyes.

Bluffing without a real plan makes you a fraud.
The words were simple yet hit her like a heavy duty truck. Dalmi knew she was never enough for her mother in comparison to her older sister, In-jae. In-jae was always the smarter one, the prettier one.

All the boys in their class and neighborhood gave her love letters and waited outside their grandmothers' shop just to see a glance. While she was the one tagging along. Nobody noticed her. She was invisible.

Outshined and overshadowed by her sisters' spotlight. Tonight was a prime example. In-jae was ever more successful and beautiful than before. She was leading the networking party. While Dalmi was mving from here and there, from one table to another, roaming aimlessly until he came-

"Are you alright?" The sitting next to her, driving his car around on her order asked.

"Would you believe it if I say yes?"

"Well you are." He point to his eyes and Dalmi knows he is talking about her bawling like a child.

Dalmi did not know what she would have done if this man didn't come along. Saving her from her sisters' attitude. He came like a knight in shining armor.

More like a hotshot CEO in an expensive three piece suit. Dalmi was not expecting her first love to be this much successful. To be honest, she always thought he was a simple man working nine to five office job.
Average looking. Sometimes she thought that she fell in such a deep rabbit hole. She thought that Do-san didn't exist. He was just a figment of her imagination.

But now sitting next to this handsome man driving a really nice and expensive car was disturbing her thoughts. She thought that her mind was playing some sick tricks on her. Confusing this Do-san to the one who wrote her letters. One who was there for her when everyone left her. One who made her smile with his compliments. One who said that he needed her in his life as much as she did.

"Aish! Where is this man taking my damn car?" Jipyeong asks to nobody in attendance.

He knew that this plan was too far-fetched. He knew that playing with Dalmi's emotions is like playing with fire. Jipyeong was driven with Halmeoni's debt. He had to pay her somehow. And that stubborn woman wouldn't expect any help from him.

But he was not willing to go down the road of lies and deception. Dalmi would be devastated to know that her Do-san from her letters is not a prince in real life. Heck, he was not even the one to write the letters.

Jipyeong did. Sure, he was coerced in writing the letters in the beginning but later one these letters became his family. An escape from solitude. A fact that he was not alone. And that there is someone who needs his help. Who needs him.

Where are you going?
Where are you taking her?
I swear to God, if you don't answer this instance I will make you pay!
                                                                                                                            Messages unread.
This Do-san was not even answering him. He was in such a state of rage and anger that he could burst any moment. He had to do something to stop him. But for now, he could just follow him.

Do-san could not keep his eyes on the road. Both literally and figuratively. He had a stunning woman sitting next to him, trying hard not to cry yet wiping her tears at the same time. Do-san had this weird urge to wipe her tears. To make all the pain go away. To find the reason of her dejection. He knew he had to make her feel better somehow. To see her smile. Do-san was already feeling guilty for lying to her. But he also did not want to break her heart.