Escape time

An extra chapter because of the almost year long hiatus. Sorry bout that everyone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tommy kept his eyes trained in front of him. He stared at Deo's sunglasses. All he wished was to see the dark brown eyes that normally brought him calm. Deo seemed to be holding himself back from either reaching out for Tommy, or fighting the villains that held them captive. Brave, fearless Deo.

Puffy squeezed his shoulder tighter. She was an amazing woman. His second favorite woman, of course, no one could take Queen Lizzie, from the show "Great Britain", as his number one. She was amazing at hiding her own fear. Tommy thought Puffy could look Fear itself in the face, and tell it to leave them alone without a tremor in her voice. He wished he could be more like her.

Tommy looked around at the car. For a kidnapping, it was a rather plush area. The seats were covered in a dark red velvet. An unwanted thought came to him that it was used to hide blood and he let out a shiver. Puffy rubbed his shoulder like she was attempting to warm him up. He forced a small smile to comfort her.

He continued to examine the car. The windows were darkly tinted; Tommy could barely see out of them. He had no wonder that they would not be visible from the outside. He could still hear the helicopters following them. Tommy knew they would be no help; they were simply news choppers, no police would dare come after the big bad SBI.

He had to hope for the heroes. Quite a difficult feat in his opinion. He looked over to Bitzel, checking he was still there, and watched worry worm over his face. He sighed and went back to the expressionless Deo. It was calming in a way to watch the face he had become so accustomed to, and the nice weight of Puffy's arm around his shoulder. He let himself calm down and tried to find a way out. All he had to do was find the light in this dark situation. That should be easy. He is a moth, after all.

Tommy let himself revert to his moth instincts. He tried his best to ignore the threat of the nearby crow. He sank further into Puffy and started to glance around. The door was right by Whisper. There was the lock latched firmly shut. Tommy knew how easy they were to pry up. He only needed to get around the control freak.

Tommy was struggling to be Tommy again though. He was stuck between his moth and human brain, slowly coming closer and closer to being a full moth. The moth started edging away from the ram-creature. It was so large compared to his small, fragile frame. It was sure to stomp him into the dirt. The odd boy with the glasses tried reaching out to him. It scared the daylights from the moth and he jerked back. He looked around nervously; his vision filled with tears.

Why was he crying? A moth does not cry. Even when a big scary bird sat close to him, and a giant ram was holding him close and tightly. He tried to breath and calm himself. His eclipse was in danger. The moth looked around and tried to see past the black things that the boy across from him had. If he focused enough he realized that was Deo. His Deo.

The moth then looked at the other boy in the suit with the likes of a monkey. He stared for long enough to realize it was Bitzel. His Bitzel.

His eclipse was surrounded by people who could hurt them. Who wanted to hurt him. The moth couldn't let his family suffer.

One was missing though. The baby of their eclipse. The one they were all tasked to protect. That set the moth into a tizzy, its wings started flapping about, hitting others in the face in the small confines. It could not think straight, only of the baby not with them.

That was until a gentle hand rested on his knee. Without seeing his eyes, the moth could tell Deo was worried and trying to bring him back to reality. The moth started retreating into itself. Deo was there. Bitzel was there. Luke was not here and was most likely safe. The moth breathed, letting Tommy back in.