Neon light

(The above is a video that has the ambience for the story, listen at your own will)

TW; Gore such as dismemberment, organs and blood, aswell as vomiting.

The loud, blaring music of the club drummed loudly in his ears, the open room felt suffocating as the bright neon light switched from greens to blues to pinks. The lights land too hard on the faces of the people dancing to make out anymore than a quarter. The need for fresh air became increasingly more prevalent the more time he spent in the crowded space, as he left to go finally get some much needed space from the people inside the building.

When he finally left the club, the neon sign from overhead illuminated the streets in front of it, the loud music from earlier now muffled. The adrenaline and pleasure from the nicotine he had absorbed an hour prior had worn off while in the club, leaving him needy to chase that high again. Seeing the alleyway he had previously hid out in to smoke, he walked back to it, soon entering the now dark crevice between buildings, the neon sign no longer reaching where he stood.

The faint clicks of a lighter rang through the air as he struggled to get his nearly dead lighter to light. Soon the light glow of a flame stayed steady as he protected it with his hands from the wind that howled through the tight alleyway. After successfully lighting the cigarette with the nice sound of the paper burning away in soft crackles. His sharp inhale of the cigarette bounced off the walls of the alley before the feeling of the paper stick left his chapped lips as he exhaled the smoke, almost sighing it out to push most of the smoke out from his lungs.

As he took a moment to let the smoke leave his lungs, he began to hear quiet groans from the cracks of the buildings, his intoxicated mind from the alcohol he consumed while inside the crowded club lowered his flight response as curiosity coursed through his veins. He slowly moved his way to the crack in the walls, now that seemed to be a small, tight alley between the club and the building behind it. The crevice held a faint neon glow that grew the closer he neared, a similar pattern to the lights inside the club. The closer he got, the more he realized they were groans of pleasure, like a couple scoundrels stray from the party were getting it on by the dumpster. Laughing at the thought of the couple getting caught, by a man smoking no less, made him chuckle, they surely choose a poor spot to have a bit of private time.

As he rounded the corner he was only met with a sense of dread, the noises had deceived him, it wasn't two people, but one. He wasn't even sure it was a human, let alone a person, the spin of the creature had a neon glow flow from it, a radioactive green that faded into a neon purple to a hot pink in a steady ombre that matched the lights in the club. The light spewing from its spine was encompassed by black tar like skin that almost seemed non-existent by how malnourished it looked, the skin pulled so tight the neon lights glowed faintly in the creature's stomach.

His eyes moved from the creature, no monster, that stood there making the groans, to the mangled body in front of it. Vital organs spilled out of the near unrecognizable corpse, the monster held the body's leg in its arm, the bone exposed as it ate from it like it was a chicken wing, the red flesh exposed and bleeding after each bite, in front of him, the body almost completely covered in fresh blood and dirt from the alleyway floor. The wet organs reflected the light from the monster consuming them. The longer he stood there, the more sounds he picked up, like the subtle squelch of the organs being squeezed in the monsters claws as it brought them to its beak like mouth that was filled with teeth, or the aching sound of bones snapping as the creature broke ribs to reach the organs.

By then the cigarette in his hand had long since been forgotten and fell to the ground as he had to hold back a blood curdling scream. Trying to frantically move back without gaining the monster's attention proved to be difficult, being unable to tear his eyes away from the sight in front of him, he kicked a glass bottle behind him with his heel which caused a high pitched sound to echo through the tight space. This caught the creature's attention, he watched as his heart plummeted in his chest, the once dancing lights in its core switched to a bright crimson red, the dreadful red reflected cleanly off the exposed organs and blood pools around it.

Its head snapped to him, its eyes a bright white. It opens its mouth to snarl at him, its throat illuminated by the same red in its body. Fear strikes his body like a lightning bolt would, the monster's mouth is filled with rows and rows of teeth, some not visible if he wasn't looking at it head on. Stumbling, he fell back, his body giving out on him, failing to run from his certain death.

The monster turned its body towards him, its limbs moving animalistically in his direction. He tried to move backwards to gain distance from the creature, haphazardly sliding his hands over broken bottles, losing more distance than gained from the thing stalking towards him. Suddenly a sharp pain shot through his arm, his palm being sliced by a stray shard of glass. Reflexively he raised his palm to inspect it completely forgetting his surroundings, regaining his sober state due to shock. His palm began to ooze the warm liquid that added a metallic scent to the air, the panic doubled as the monster began moving quicker after catching a whiff of his blood.

The moment he looked up he regretted it, the monster towered over him, its mouth gaping wide, the stench of the flesh from the now dismembered body was potent enough to make his stomach turn and force the alcohol he had consumed into his throat, the taste was disgusting, almost enough to hunch over and empty his stomach.

As the monster leaned forward to consume its prey, the loud beeping of an alarm clock sounded. He sat up in a cold sweat, quickly gasping for air. Lifting his hand up to see a small scar, he lifted his knees to his chest and allowed sobs to wrack his body, the nightmare of the night never leaving, nor the feeling of those bright eyes hunting him down.