Alleyway Escape.. Sorta

I crash onto the concrete floor. Small, sharp pains cover my arms and face, me groaning in pain as I roll onto my back and sit up, checking my surroundings. The alleyway is empty besides some blood dried corpses littered here and there. Yuck. I quickly brush myself off, cringing at the stench.

A couple zekes are at the end of the alleyway, busy eating.. something. I almost puke. You never get over the sight of it. After reluctantly swallowing the bile, I look behind me, seeing a dumpster and a clear exit. Bingo. I slowly begin creeping that way, taking extreme precaution to not step or bump into anything.

As soon as I pass the dumpster, something grabs my leg, attempting to shovel it into its disgusting maw. I quickly jerk my leg away in an attempt to save myself, but end up slipping and crashing against the wall. Everything slows down, my vision darkening and my brain fogging up. The sound of the infected groaning brings me back to my senses, it attempting to take a chunk out of my ankle again. I start kicking the shit out of it, which only delays it so much. Seeing no other option, I bite the bullet, or should I say I make it bite the bullet? Either way, I shoot the damn bastard, cringing at the loud, echoing noise reverberating throughout the alleyway. I can hear the two infected at the other end growl with curiosity, and hunger

I quickly kick the now limp hand off my leg, standing up. Getting dizzy, I use the wall to balance myself, regaining my ability to think properly. I need a weapon of sorts before the other two zeds get over here, cause I can’t exactly shoot them. After a swift search of my surroundings, I grab the only thing that I can think could kill; A broken pipe. I snatch it up, then turn to watch the two zekes run towards me. I quickly swing it into the head of the first one, its skull cracking as blood splatters onto my arm. The pipe gets stuck inside its head, and after a bit of struggling the second one catches up and tackles me to the ground, trying to tear into me. I hold its head back, panicking as I look around for anything that could help me. After coming up with nothing, I close my eyes tightly and harshly turn the zed’s neck. I’m greeted with a satisfying crack sound, and I feel it go limp.

I shove the zombie off of me, taking a moment to breathe. After a bit, I get up and brush myself off, dislodging my pipe from the infecteds head. This was NOT how I wanted this to go, but I’m still alive, and that’s all that matters. I peek out of the alleyway, into the street. Cars, bodies, and a few wandering zombies litter the streets.

Great.

I look back at the corpses, a disgusting thought entering my mind. I can’t just fight zeke’s for 7 whole miles, but maybe I can be one. I search around for a sizable glass shard, finding a decent one. My hand hovering over the corpse, I look away and gently cut open the torso of the zombie. Immediately, I throw up. What?! Do you expect me to just pretend it doesn’t smell absolutely horrible? 

I wipe the bile off my mouth and, trying to keep anymore from leaving, dig my hands inside the infected. I then take my hands and start rubbing the blood and guts all over my body, my face scrunching up from the smell. God, it reeks.

After that miserable experience, I rest my pipe on my shoulder and cautiously leave the alleyway. Almost immediately, a zeke comes up right next to me. My grip on the pipe tightens, but I don’t swing. The zeke soon leaves me alone, and I, very quietly, let out a sigh of relief. I take a couple more steps when my leg decides to remind me that it’s missing a chunk. Wincing in pain, I remember the injury I had in the alleyway, and feel the back of my head. I’m greeted to a liquid, and when I pull away my hand, red stains my fingers. Great.

Well, there isn’t a way I’ll make it 7 miles like this. I start walking, more confident now, and rack my brain. There is a pharmacy nearby, right? I quickly dodge an incoming zed, who clearly hears something farther away. Maybe there could be some medical supplies still in there. Hopefully.

A couple more zekes run past me, and I decide to turn around to see what the fuss is. A survivor off in the distance is fighting a few infected, and I can’t help but to feel bad for the guy. No way is he going to make it, there’s way too many infected. I also can’t help but to feel hopeful for the guy, but I digress. I turn back around, and continue walking.