CHAPTER 2

Once the interview ended, with Barry going over everything he knew about the case.

"So it's not much, but I hope it helps." Barry responds by handing Linda some papers.

"No problem, but thanks anyway, nobody knows anything about this Ray." Linda said reading everything in the file.

"Witnesses said he calls himself The Flash, it's pretty interesting." Barry said and Linda looked at him.

"He reminds me of that vigilante from Gotham, Batman." Linda told him.

"Have you been to Gotham before?" Barry asked curiously.

"Not really, a friend of mine, Vicki Vale, told me she's met him a few times." Linda told him.

"Wait, Vicki Vale? She's the reporter who was nearly killed by the Joker in Gotham Cathedral, right?" Barry asked and Eliza nodded.

"Yes, Vicki went through a lot of trouble, that's why she left Gotham, decided to start over." Linda said.

"What do you think about The Flash? He sure isn't like Batman at all." Barry said.

"He seems like a great person, I mean he saved a lot of people today." Linda told him. "But he's a little shy."

"Serious?" Barry asked and Linda nodded.

"And you Barry, what do you think about the Flash?" Linda asked curiously.

"Well, he's trying to do some good in the city, maybe even he's a hero." Barry said smiling, Linda just shrugged.

"Well, I guess that's all I have for a moment, thanks Barry." Linda smiled at him.

"No need to thank Mrs. Park." Barry said smiling at her, Linda was about to leave but stopped in her tracks.

"Actually, do you have plans for the weekend?" Linda asked curiously.

"No, I don't think so. Why do you ask?" Barry asked curiously and looking at her.

"I was wondering if you'd like to go with me to the CCPN ball as a gala, what do you think?" Linda asked and Barry looked at her curiously.

"Wow, really? Me?" Barry asks in complete surprise.

"Yes, I'd like to go with you as an escort, plus I'd like to go with a friend." Linda said, smiling at him.

"Yes, I would like to go with you Linda, it might be really fun." Barry said, smiling at her.

"Great, it's going to be great, so I'll see you soon." Linda said, smiling at him and leaving as Barry smiled back.

....

The man who had been in the shadows earlier was at a coffee pot wearing a black suit and sunglasses, and was talking with Snart and Rory.

"I'm sorry Mr. Thawne, we were attracting the attention of the police as you wanted, but the Flash came along and ruined everything." Snart said, now revealing who the man in the shadows was.

"I told you to be careful, just because you have weapons that might harm the Flash, you shouldn't be too confident about it." Thawne said as he looked at the two of them.

"We know that now, and we're sorry." Rory also said apologetically.

"Well, you might still have some value for what I want to do." Thawne said.

"You had said you were planning something big, but until now you haven't said what it was." Snart said.

"All in good time, Snart, the time has not yet come for me to reveal this to you, however I have a job for you." Thawne said as Snart and Rory looked at him curiously.