Chapter 1: The Unexpected Neighbor

Jack had just returned from a long day at work, exhausted and ready to relax.

As he pulled into his driveway, he noticed a motorcycle parked in his reserved spot. He honked his horn, hoping the owner would move it, but no one came.

Frustrated, Jack got out of his car and walked over to the motorcycle. He was about to leave a note on it when he heard a voice behind him.

"Hey, what do you think you're doing?" Jack turned around to see a man standing there, arms crossed and glaring at him. He was tall and muscular, with tattoos covering his arms and chest.

Jack recognized him immediately - it was the same man who had punched him in the face a week ago.

"What are you doing here?" Jack demanded, his anger rising.
The man shrugged. "This is my place."

Jack was confused. "What do you mean, your place? This is my driveway."

The man smirked. "Not anymore. I just moved in next door."
Jack was stunned. He couldn't believe that the man he had punched was his new neighbor.

He felt a mix of anger and embarrassment, and he didn't know what to say.

The man seemed to sense his discomfort, and he chuckled. "Relax, man. I'm not here to cause trouble. I just needed a place to stay, and this property was available."

Jack was skeptical. He didn't trust this man, not after what had happened between them. But he didn't want to cause a scene, so he decided to let it go.

"Fine," he said, turning to walk back to his car. "Just don't park in my spot again."

The man nodded, and Jack could feel his eyes on him as he got into his car and drove away. He couldn't shake the feeling that this was going to be a problem. He didn't want to have to deal with this man every day, especially not as his neighbor.

As he lay in bed that night, Jack couldn't stop thinking about the man next door. He wondered what his name was, and what he did for a living. He wondered why he had punched him, and if he was still angry about it.

He tried to push the thoughts out of his head and get some sleep, but he couldn't. He knew that this was just the beginning of a long and complicated relationship with his new neighbor