3. Your eyes

Y/N's POV

The next morning was a bit awkward for me because of my episode last night, but Dahyun seemed very motivated. She woke me up with a hug instead of harshly pulling off my blanket. She spoke cheerfully on the way to school, joking around instead of teasing me the whole time.

I tried my best not to blank out, because I wanted to actually listen to her than just focus on her face. I was about to ask her why she seemed so happy today, but she answered me before I got the question out.

"So, remember when I went out yesterday?" she asked, talking about when she left me in her room. I nodded hesitantly, still embarrassed about the events. Dahyun didn't seem to notice nor care.

"I was talking to Jimin."

My eyebrows furrowed, and a scowl found its way to my face. "Why?"

"What do you mean why? Anyway, he asked me out. Apparently he's been crushing on me for a while now. And I thought, well, why not give it a try?"

My scowl went deeper with every word that left her lips, but I forced them into a smile when she looked at me. "Nice."

"Are you okay, Y/N? You look like you want to take a shit."

"No, I'm fine," I squeaked out, turning away from her and speeding up my footsteps. "I'm just not feeling great today."

The day passed by pretty quickly, which was the usual for me because I often zone out anyway. Dahyun and I had finished our lunch, and today was quite good because we had ice cream for dessert. She got chocolate while I got vanilla, and I snorted when I saw that the dessert had gotten on her lips.

"Dahyun," I called. She raised an eyebrow confusedly.

"Hm?"

Instead of answering, I leaned forward and tilted her head up, wiping the cream off her lip with my thumb. I took note of the blush coating her cheeks, feeling blood rush to my face too. But I played it off with a hum, acting nonchalant. "You had ice cream on your lips."

She and I had a staring contest, as if trying to communicate telepathically. Her eyes invited me in like a deep, dark well, pulling the truth out of me.

Suddenly the Jimin guy showed up again, hands in his pockets and seemingly trying hard to look cool. I almost scoffed.

"Hey, Dahyun," he smirked, completely ignoring me. "When are you free?"

"Oh!" Dahyun exclaimed. "I'm so sorry, I forgot we were going to eat lunch together." She glanced at me nervously, as if afraid of disapproval. I tried not to show my annoyance, though, so I stood up and half-glared at Jimin.

"It's fine, I'm done eating."

I speed-walked out of the cafeteria, only risking a glance at the two I had left. Dahyun didn't even watch me leave, instead immediately immersed in a conversation.

She looked at him with so much interest, and he scanned her from head to toe with evident want in his eyes.

I liked it better when her eyes were only on me.