Chapter 14

"Nothing."

I looked away from him, hiding the truth. He had broken my trust, I couldn't tell him nor I could place my trust in anyone asides from Knox after what my grandfather had done to me.

He had tortured me hours and hours, hoping me to turn in something wild and monstrous. What were his intentions? How long had been planning this? Was that the only reason he returned? I had known most of the truth but his intentions were still a blur.

Cain hit his brakes hard and turned the wheel. Ahead was a gas station but instead of going to the gas station, he went forward and stopped near a train of fast food restaurants and a motel. My eyes grew a wide wider and my stomach tightened.

I couldn't bear anymore surprises.

"What are we doing here?" I asked him.

"There is no flight to Thornwood until tomorrow afternoon. Do you think I'm going to keep driving you around for the next twelve hours? Plus, you need to eat something and then tell me whatever you're hiding." He shuffled on his seat before killing the engine and stepping out of the sedan.

My jaw hung in surprise. I followed him outside and held the warm piece of cloth over my shoulders. "I'm not going to spend a night with you in a motel!" I exclaimed, chasing him as he kept walking toward the motel.

When I looked over my shoulders, there was no one around. The lights from the fast food restaurants flickered, brightening up the area a little bit along with the red sign of MOTEL.

No way in hell.

Cain spun around and tossed the keys in the air. "Fine. Sleep in the car but beware of the monsters that walk around at this time. There is nothing around here. Even the restaurants close by two." He warned, but I caught the sarcasm in his voice.

A shaky cold breath escaped my mouth as I clutched onto the car keys. "Still better than sleeping with you." I gave him a cheeky smile before turning toward the car that was parked in the lot by the motel.

"Are you serious?" His voice echoed through the night before I heard his loud, thudding footsteps approaching me. He yanked on my arm, pulling me away from the car and dragged me toward the entrance of the motel. "You smell like filth and I'm not letting you fucking sleep in a car alone. It's just one night. Don't act like you haven't slept with me before."

"Before I knew you were a hypocrite."

"Stop calling me that!" He exclaimed, brushing past the main door of the old, decaying motel.

"I thought you enjoyed hearing it." I spat out, my head boiling with fury.

As we went past the door, I saw wooden interior and a old woman sitting at the reception. She drew her glasses down to her nose and rose her head.

Cain dragged me up to the front and held me hard while he spoke to the elder woman, "One room, just for a night. Take as much as you want." He pressed the bills on the table, in front of the woman while I fought with him.

"I don't even want to stay with him!" I exclaimed on the top of my lungs.

"She's joking. Roleplay." He grinned at the woman while she reached for the keys under the desk.

She gave me a questioning glare and I took my chance. "No." My jaw clenched. "I don't want to be anywhere near this man. Please, call the police for me or anything. He literally—"

"Saved you," Cain spun around and reminded me. His grip on my arm loosened but the colors of his eyes changed. Frustration became vivid over his face. "If you listen to me, I'll let you feed on me and we both know how much you enjoy that." He whispered in a low, grumbling voice.

I sighed, "Fine."

Straightening my back, I acted as if everything was fine in the world. The worry lines over the old woman's forehead faded and she handed over the keys to Cain whilst I filled up the form on the table, stating our names and details.

Everything I wrote down was a complete lie. I didn't mention my name nor Cain's. We were a thirty minute drive away from the woods near my town. Once grandfather would realize that I escaped, he'd come for me and try to hunt me down. The last thing I wanted was to see him again and let him torture me.

I just needed to reach back home, Thornwood, safe and alive and back into Knox's embrace.

He was completely right all this time. He knew my family was cooking up something and I didn't believe him. I believed my blood and nearly lost my self in the process.

I was stupid.

The woman on the front guided us up the stairs and into our room. It was a small room in the middle of nowhere. The windows were locked and the walls were nearing their last days. There were cracks in the ceiling, but the sheets seemed fresh and clean. It was chilling cold inside the room until Cain switched on the heating unit.

He tossed me a duffle bag filled with clothes—his clothes and it made me wonder.

"How did you find me?" I asked him. "You were near Thornwood all this while. How were you able to find me in just a few hours after that dream? And do you carry your clothes everywhere?" My brows furrowed, confusion sunk inside me.

"I followed you. I knew you were leaving and knew well enough Simon couldn't take care of you. But I didn't know you were in the cellar until later on, till I felt your pain." His face filled up with emotion and he approached me. I swallowed hard and stepped back till I was against the wall. He placed one hand beside my head, and let out a low growl. "And have you forgotten I'm a werewolf? I've to carry clothes. Can't really run around naked."

A shiver ran down my spine, "You're too close, Cain." I rasped, barely breathing.

"So?" He placed his hand on the other side, trapping me.

"I'm not going to let you fuck me." My voice grew stiff, I held my self together.

He let out a guttural growl while leaning to my face. His breath fanned down my cheek and my neck. Something twisted and turned in my belly.

"I'm not going to fuck you, Candice."

"Yes, you are." My heart pounded hard in my chest. I inhaled sharply, taking in his intoxicating scent that drove me wild—insane. It was a terrible idea to get a motel with him, with Cain.

"Do you want me to?" He asked, wrapping a hand around my throat softly. He pressed himself against me, trailing his hardness across my belly. "You think I cannot feel how much you've been dying for me?"

"No." I pursued my lips, refraining myself from agreeing to him.

He betrayed me, he betrayed Knox. I couldn't do this with him.

"Suit yourself because I wouldn't have showed you any mercy. You know how hard I can get for you." He whispered in my ear before brushing his mouth over my neck and parting away.

My legs quivered and sex throbbed at his warm words and his rough voice. "Cain..." I trailed off.

"Yes, Candice?"

"Fuck me."

Read the full book on Patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr