Goodbye.

*UPDATED* 

used to be 1,870 words now its 1,962 words

----

At 4 years old, I walk up to my mothers legs and gently tug at her dress. She and my father were talking to a random old man in a business suit in the lobby of our very large mansion. She first ignores the tug and continues talking to the business guy, so I gently tug again.

"Mommy, can you read me a bedtime story? I can't sleep." I prattle with a pouty tone of voice. She stops for a second before saying "Just one moment sweetheart, mommy's got to finish talking, okay? Go ahead and pick out a book to read." I nod "Okay!" I speed up the stairs and rush towards my book section to pick out the book I want.

"Get out of my fucking house, David!" my father aggressively exclaims. Being the nosy kid I am, I slowly open my door to check out what's happening. "Gabriel! Please don't yell, Adrien's still awake!" She reminds him, not yelling as loud as my father is. "Emilie, that doesn't matter right now, he was stealing my designs!" he yelled at her. "Please, honey, just take a seat and calm down, we will figure this out." "How are we gonna 'figure this out', Emilie, he's already getting hundreds of thousands of dollars for pieces that I MADE!" One minute turned into 5 minutes, turned into 30 minutes, turned into 2 hours of bickering back and forth about different subjects that were somehow brought up.

That night, I cried myself to sleep. Even if my little brain didn't know what was going on, I knew it was bad.

At 8 years old, Chloe came over to the mansion to come play. My father and the Mayor were having a friendly conversation about business, I'm assuming. My mother was talking to Nathalie about who knows what.

Chloe and I were playing with my foosball table and climbing my rock climbing wall just doing anything we could find that I had in my room. We were just being kids.

Until Chloe slipped off one of the rocks, and sprained her ankle.

The adults came barging in, seeing as they wanted to know the reason for the loud thump coming from upstairs. Mayor Bourgeois kneeled down beside the crying girl and asked what happened. She said that she was just playing on the wall until one of her hands slipped off the rock. My father blamed me for her injury. We were arguing back and forth for 5 minutes while Gorilla was getting ready to drive the Mayor and Chloe to the ER. My mother was trying to calm us both down but failed. This was the first time I've been grounded.

At 13 years old, it was my first birthday without my mother. Its never been so lonely and quiet on my birthday, so that was a first. Ever since my mother disappeared, my father has been very...distant. I don't know how my mother disappeared, or why she disappeared, hell, I don't even know if anyone knows where she went, but all I know is that I want her to come back. I go through many restless nights just continuously thinking about whether she could be dead, or kidnapped, or robbed and left alone to wander the streets.

The first month she disappeared, my father has been spending hours and hours driving around the streets looking for my mother. He's even gone to other cities and towns in France in desperate search for his wife. After 2 months passed, day by day, he slowly started to give up hope. That's when he started focusing on his work more than ever, but I think it's just a distraction from what happened.

I miss my mothers voice. Her warm hugs. Her comfy cuddles. Her gentle forehead kisses. Her presence. I'm scared as time passes, I'll forget what she sounds like, or the softness of her caress touch.

3 months later, I was able to convince my father to allow me to attend a physical school, after being homeschooled all my life. It took a lot of convincing since he didn't want me to leave his sight after my mother disappeared, but he soon realized that I was growing up, and that I wanted to explore the real world. At first, the school was very confusing, and nerve racking. One of the students showed me around, but I was so anxious, I couldn't focus on the kid. I got lost 3 times even though it's not even that big of a school. Many girls were rushing up to me for autographs the whole day, and Chloe was just hovering around me the whole time. But I did meet some pretty cool people. I met Nino, who is now my best friend, and Alya, who is pretty cool too. Then, I was introduced to Marinette. Things didn't go as planned when we first met, seeing as she hated me for "putting gum on her seat" when it was actually Chloe who did it, but I'm pretty sure we're okay with it now. Ever since we made up she's been acting kind of weird, though. I don't mind it, I honestly think it's kinda cute when she stutters.