Earl gray tea

"Hi guys, I brought a friend!" Eddie said.

He hung his blue mail hat on a coat hanger. Your face was bright pink from the fact he was still holding your hand. The house opened up to a small foyer, and to the left was a den room. Eddie led you into there and introduced you to the people in there. 

"This is Y/n," Eddie cheerfully claimed. "Y/n, this is Julie and Frank." 

"Hi! I'm Julie! This is my house!" Julie waved.

"I'm Frank. You must be the one that moved into the house near Barnaby," Frank observed. 

"I'm not sure who that is but if you're talking about the big blue dog house then yes. Nice to meet you both," You say, then shake both of their hands. 

"Come with me! We must get you something to drink," Julie said, leading you into her kitchen. 

You and Eddie's hands were held sort of behind the couch, so they couldn't see the both of you. But when you went to pull away, You lifted up his hand enough that it could be seen. Julie and Frank exchanged looks at each other and laughed. The kitchen was small and cozy, with a basket of assorted tea bags and coffee options in a basket on the counter. She gave you two tea cups. 

"So, since we're friends now, and Eddie's been my friend for like- forever, your obligated to tell me if ya'll are dating or not," she joked, heating up a kettle of water. 

"No, we're not dating. He just suggested that I should hold his hand since I was nervous," you explain. 

"Well, let me fill you in on a little secret. Eddie told us that he thought you were handsome/beautiful after delivering mail the other day. He is totally crushing on you. You should ask him about it," she claimed. "Here. Bring him this cup of tea. It's his favorite. You should have it, too." 

She handed you the teacups full of hot, steaming water. She put teabags in each of them, then smiles at you. Carefully, you walk back into the den where Frank is talking to Eddie about something. 

"Which butterfly did you see?" Frank frantically asked. 

"Uhhh, I dunno. A purple one?" Eddie shrugged, lying back into the couch. 

Frank flipped through his book, then said," Point to what it looked like."

Eddie pointed to a butterfly on the top right. 

"A PAVON EMPEROR?" Frank exclaimed. 

"Should I had caught it? Was it rare?" Eddie questioned, closing his eyes. 

"It was very rare. I hope I see it around," 

"I hope you do too, bud."

You sat down next to Eddie, handing him his tea and sitting yours on the table. 

"Thanks, darling," Eddie said. 

"Nothing less for you," you flirt back. 

He opens his eyes all the way, looking at you. He looked surprised. 

"Oh please, you're both so blind," Frank sighed.

"Shut. Up. Frank," Eddie chimed, hitting them in the arm.

You decided to change the subject to avoid hostility. Eddie seemed to be getting very nervous. 

"So, what type of tea is this?" You asked.

"Earl gray blue flower. My favorite. It tastes like purple," Eddie joked. 

"Like my butterfly you let go?" Frank sassed. 

They went back and forth for the next few minutes. Frank would fuss at him, then Eddie would counter it with a nice thing. You yawned, breaking up their talking. Your eyes did feel very heavy. You hadn't done this much talking with anyone since you lived in your other neighborhood. 

"Are you getting tired?" Eddie asked you. 

"A little," you admit. 

"Well, let's get you home. It is almost dinnertime," he announced. 

"Wait! Y/N, I made you this friendship bracelet. This signifies you as a member of our coffee/tea club! It's a pleasure to have you!" Julie exclaimed, pulling you in for a big hug. 

"Aw, thank you! I'm glad that you're my friend, too," you say. 

Thunder could be heard in the distance. A light shower of rain could be heard inside. 

"Oh dear, we've got to get you home before that gets worse. Bye guys! See you tomorrow!" Eddie proclaimed, grabbing his hat off the rack. 

You chase out to the door to follow him, waving to them both. Julie gives you a thumbs up and Frank just throws up their hand. Maybe Julie was right. You needed to make your move.