Corvina Sparrow

As the sun rose, its rays cascaded in through the window and lit up the room with a brilliant, glistening hue. The walls were illuminated with a warm, inviting energy as the beams of light bounced off the crevices. The air was invigorating, bringing with it a sweet smell of potential.

The boy stirred from his slumber, blinking away the sleepy haze from his eyes. He yawned and stretched, feeling invigorated by the morning light, the birds singing in the background.
His spiky brown hair and pale pink eyes were beaming and captivating, creating a presence that was undeniable.

His jaw was well-defined and his features were sharply cut, giving his face a powerful appearance.

His skin sparkled in the sunlight, as white as a diamond and radiating its brilliance. However, what truly set him apart from his peers was the purple bandage wrapped around his mouth.
Compared to his other clothing, it was a dramatic contrast, like a vivid splash of colour in a world of black and white.

His striking appearance was further enhanced by a sense of mystery and danger, leaving those who encountered him feeling a blend of fear and curiosity.

He reaches into his wardrobe and his fingers brush against the black velvet shirt, the shading giving the fabric a raised, almost three-dimensional feel.

he could feel the fabric of the slim fit shirt against his skin, with its pointed collar and long sleeves that perfectly moulded to his arms.

It has buttons running down the front, which can be buttoned up to be worn closed or kept open for a more relaxed look. The tucked in shirt and high-waisted pants provide a sleek, professional look to the ensemble.

The young boy strides confidently towards the large, ornate mirror, its golden frame glinting in the soft light of the single lamp.
As he approaches, he reaches up and adjusts the collar of his shirt, feeling the stiffness of the crisp black cotton.

He adjusts and readjusts until he is satisfied that it sits just so, framing his face and stressing his sharp jawline under his purple bandage.
He turns with confidence, his shoes making soft taps on the gleaming hardwood floors.

The door was a wondrous sight, boasting a deep, luxurious purple and intricate patterns that seemed to move and sway.

As he extended his hand to grab the handle, he felt the ridges of its coarse surface against his skin. He felt a sudden chill as an electric sensation raced down his spine, awakening his senses.

With a deep, satisfying click, the door swings open and the smell of damp earth and growing things fills the air. He stepped into the hallway, and the soft light cascading through the windows made the vibrant plants and flowers seem to shimmer.

He strides ahead, the plush carpet sinking beneath his feet with every step, and breathes in the sweet, floral scent that fills the air. It was like he stepped into the lush and vibrant world. He could hear the chirping of birds and the buzzing of bees. The walls were etched with the faint silhouettes of golden-pink sparrows, a representation of their royal lineage.

He strides down the hallway, nodding politely to the servants who bow their heads in respect. One servant walked up to him and asked, "Would you like a water, Sparrow-sama?"

He shook his head; the movement caused his hair to sway, and continued to stride down the hallway, leaving the servant in a daze.
The other servants laugh at him. "We'll never get to see his real face." One of the servants sighed hearing this.

"Why does he wear that over his mouth anyways?" The room became quiet hearing this. This was a known taboo after one servant saw his face, and was never seen again.

The boy didn't know rejecting a glass of water caused such a commotion. He continued down the hallway, and stepped into the family garden and felt the warmth of the sun on his skin. The garden had a plethora of plants, from exotic blooms to more mundane shrubbery. The lush vegetation and vibrant wildlife created a picturesque paradise for nature to thrive.

The boy continued through the garden, feeling the soft grass beneath his feet as he stopped.
As the boy stood in the garden, lost in his thoughts, the soft touch of a gentle voice on his ears brought him back to reality.

He heard a noise and his gaze fell upon a small girl standing nearby; the scent of her perfume still lingering in the air. Her pink cotton candy hair looked like a dream, with soft waves cascading down her back like a vision of beauty.
Her curves were highlighted as the sunlight shone through the windows and glinted off the gold trimming of her red kimono, which clung to her slim figure.

She approached him with a warm smile on her face, her voice full of concern, "You know that's a bad habit to have, Corvina-san."

He blinked, startled to discover that he had been so lost in thought that time had passed without him noticing.

He puts his hand up in the air, extends his two fingers, and waves them, greeting the woman in front of him. The pair felt a warm breeze as they heard another individual's footsteps in the hallway and their slight greeting as they entered the garden.

"Corvina-san, Mayumi-chan." An indifferent voice echoed throughout the room.
When they heard the sound, Corvina and Mayumi both turned their heads.

A young woman in her early twenties with a petite frame and delicate features emerged in front of them. Her dark hair cascaded down her back, shining and straight, framing her delicate, heart-shaped face. The warmth of her brown eyes radiates like the rich colour of polished chestnuts.

She had a nose that was sharp and pointed, like the beak of a sparrow, and her gaze was sharp and intelligent, with an intensity that seemed to take in everything.

Her skin was so smooth, you couldn't feel a single blemish. She had a healthy, radiant glow that looked like it came from hours spent in the sunshine.

She moves with a smooth, natural grace, fluttering like a sparrow between branches, and her movements are quick and controlled, showcasing her agile mind and energetic spirit.
Despite her small size, she radiates a quiet strength, like the sparrow that courageously faces birds much bigger than itself.

Mayumi's eyes lit up with awe as she whispered "Suzume-sama.", her long wavy pink hair falling gracefully down her shoulders.

Suzume had always been an inspiration to her, and today was no exception; she looked up to her with the utmost respect.

Corvina was more quiet and observant, taking in his surroundings with a distant gaze. He nodded in agreement with Mayumi, his hands clapping together in a sign of respect for his sister.
Suzume Sparrow, the eldest of the siblings, looked at Corvina with a mixture of concern and disappointment.

She remembered the time when he could not speak unless he used his magic, the result of a mishap that occurred when he was born. Her heart felt heavy with longing for him, yet she kept her face soft and sympathetic.

"Only if you could speak without using your magic," her voice laced with sadness.
She shuddered as she remembered the icy fear that had filled the room when he spoke on that fateful day. It was a painful memory, one that she wished could be erased from her mind.
Despite her emotions, Suzume quickly regained her composure and spoke with authority. "You guys are now sixteen, and today is the day for the opening ceremony for new mages to get their grimoire," she declared.

Corvina and Mayumi both lowered their heads in admiration, their eyes flickering with respect for their older sister's uplifting words.

She was surprised when they both knelt down, but quickly moved to assist them in standing. "There's no need to bow your head in the family house; here, everyone is equal. I'm your sibling and leader, both in here and out there when you get your grimoires."

Corvina and Mayumi looked up at their sister and reluctantly got up from the ground.
Suzume smiled in satisfaction, and walked down the hall, "come on now, follow me to get your grimoires!"

She walked ahead of the two, her short but straight back standing proud as she walked out of the door.

You guys better get strong this year... or maybe it will be your last. She said to herself, a speck of blood dripped down from her eyes. It reflected a world, a world of nothing but blood and chaos.