Chapter 6

Harry was certain that he was done for the day before Hermione reminded him that he still needed clothes for his travels. He tried to avoid shopping for clothes by telling her that he'd just do it overseas, but Hermione wouldn't budge. She practically insisted that they went clothes shopping right after leaving Diagon.

That was how Harry found himself being led around by Hermione in a giant shopping centre as the girl rattled off different things that she figured he'd need. She was on a roll and he knew better than to try to interrupt her. Instead, he allowed a soft smile to grace his features as she took complete charge of the situation.

Hermione was in the midst of listing the stores that the should visit first when a particularly loud grumbling of a stomach interrupted her. She glanced back to find a sheepish looking Harry signaling to the nearby food court. "Boys." She shook her head before leading him to the food court, her hand still firmly clasped in his.

The pair sat and enjoyed a pizza together while discussing which stores to attack first. Harry decided to find a new pair of trainers as his current beat up ones had proven to be well past their prime, offering little to no protection for his feet. He also made a note to get Hermione a gift for all her troubles, an idea that he kept hidden from her. After this, however, he let her take the lead. He was rather enjoying her pulling him along like some lovestruck puppy.

"Trainers first, sweaters and t-shirts second, jackets third, and a new backpack," Hermione ordered as she finished her third and last slice of pizza. She watched as Harry began clearing out the remaining slices before cleaning everything up and offering his hand out to her. She took his hand and led him off to the stores once again.

With two new pairs of trainers in hand, and one already on his feet, Harry was now walking around a particularly large clothing store while Hermione pointed out the different aisles that held the items he needed. "I'll just let you pick what looks good on me, I don't know how to dress myself," he said bashfully as he looked around and became overwhelmed at the sheer size of the store.

"Don't I know it," Hermione sarcastically remarked from in front of him.

"Hey, that hurts." Harry made a mock hurt face as Hermione giggled at him.

Her giggle, he thought, was the most beautiful sound in the world. He quickly found himself unable to look away from her smiling face as they stood completely unmoving in the middle of aisle. This continued for a beat longer until Harry managed to break the eye contact and scan around the store. Any longer, and he would be powerless to resist the temptation of telling her how much he wanted her.

"I have just the things," Hermione said before taking his hand once more and dragging him off to who-knows-where.
——
"Come out," Hermione called from outside of the dressing room. Harry had to get used to the idea of modeling in front of Hermione as it was clear that nothing would be bought until she was certain it looked good on him. A part of him was still shy and somewhat reluctant, but with each compliment that she gave him, he grew even more confident.

He stepped out from the room wearing a pair of wash fitted jeans and a navy long sleeve t-shirt before looking over to Hermione for her approval. He quickly ran his hand through his messy hair to sweep away the fringes as Hermione gave him a once-over.

Hermione enjoyed every bit of Harry's little 'modeling' show but was not prepared to behold him in these clothes. It was a basic outfit, but the jeans fit Harry well and accentuated certain parts of him that made Hermione blush. The shirt was just the right fit and wasn't too tight but still showed off his particularly defined biceps and lean frame. Through every estimation of hers, Harry had grown into a ridiculously handsome man.

"So?" She heard Harry ask, breaking her from her very intrusive thoughts.

"I—it looks good," she stuttered out while trying in vain to hide her blush.

"Can I wear it out of the store?" He asked, not at all familiar with muggle shopping since the Dursley's never once took him to get new clothes.

"Of course, Harry," Hermione replied with a tinge of sadness and anger. Somehow, she knew that Harry was never treated to new clothes by his family. The very thought of it bothered her to no end.

Hours later, night had fallen whilst Harry and Hermione were finally exiting the shopping centre. Clothes shopping had been fun for them both, and Harry was certain he had more than enough clothes to last him through his trip and beyond. Now, as he held Hermione's hand, he allowed himself to relax as the cool night air lulled them into serenity.

"Today was fun, wasn't it?" Hermione bashfully asked from beside him.

Harry knew her well enough to know that she was looking for reassurance that she wasn't too much of a bother while they shopped. He squeezed her hand lightly before turning to shake his head at her. "There was no one else I'd rather do this with. Thank you for coming with me," he softly said.

His words were greeted by a radiant smile that shone brighter than all of the stars that were currently out. He smiled back at her as they continued their slow walk through the streets, walking purposefully slow so that the night wouldn't end.

The pair continued along like this until Hermione leant her head against Harry's shoulder which broke him from his thoughts. He glanced down at her as they continued walking and silently admired her bushy curls. Every time he looked at her, he was reminded of something he couldn't have and his heart broke into pieces all over again. For that was the power of Hermione, she could mend his heart just as easily as she could unknowingly break it.

"Look Harry, a shooting star." Harry slowly broke his stare away from Hermione to look up at what she was gesturing to. Sure enough, there was a shooting star in the sky.

"Quick, make a wish," Hermione called from beside him.

Harry wistfully looked towards the shooting star and wished for Hermione to love him just as much as he loved her. He knew that no force in the world would be able to grant it, so he didn't care. After all, a wish on a shooting star was merely a childhood fairy tale.

"Well, what'd you wish for?" An excited Hermione asked as she moved to stand in front of Harry with a child-like smile on her face.

"Something I can't have."