Prologue

Sophie held the tiny child in her arms, a tear sliding down her cheek. She had known this moment would come but she wished she could spend more time with her beautiful daughter. It was too dangerous though, she knew it. Even if it ripped her heart in two. She already had her son to worry about, she could hear him crying as Keefe put him to bed.

She stared at her daughter who laughed happily. She had the softest, lightest, blondest hair and perfect pink lips. Her nose was tiny and her cheeks rosy. Sophie thought her eyes were stunning, one icy blue like her father and the other chocolate brown flecked with gold like her own. She laughed when she thought of what her daughter would think when she found out that her brown eye was only brown because she had some alicorn dna.

Sophie closed her eyes and transmitted to the baby girl.

I love you.

Keefe had already said goodbye to their daughter so Sophie took a deep breath. She pulled out her pathfinder and spun the crystal until it reached the right facet. Then she held it up to the light, summoned every bit of courage she had and stared into the beams refracting off the crystal. The blue crystal. Sophie planned on hiding her daughter the same way the Black Swan hid her. With humans.

Sophie stepped into the light and glittered away.

Authour's Note

Hi everyone. I hope you enjoyed the prologue. Now for the real chapters. BTW this story is a Keeper of the Lost Cities fanfiction. You should definitley read the real books by Shannon Messenger. I will be trying to update weekly but it will depend on when I have the time. So yeah, keep reading.