| Vomun (10) |

-
Italics: (Na'vi language, or Metkayina sign language, and Jake's inner thoughts)

A/N: The tension begins! I figured this would be a good chapter to start trying to build up what is y/n and Jake trying to recognize what they are feeling but also spending time together and building a bond.

Before we move onto the stort, I know Ive been saying this a lot recently but just a small reminder; don't forget to comment <3 I love reading and replying to all of your comments and they make my day. 🤍 I hope you guys like this chapter!
-

It wasn't long before you and Jake were in the shallower parts of the beach, and the water reached up to your waists

It wasn't long before you and Jake were in the shallower parts of the beach, and the water reached up to your waists. There was a little something that you had forgotten to tell him before getting started. Breathing, as well as controlling your body underwater was a big part of controlling a Tsurak, let alone an ilu. Before Jake could master riding one, he needed to handle being underwater for long periods of time. If he did that, he would have no problem staying on the creature itself. Maybe the fact that he couldn't control his breathing was why the animal could sense that he was tense.

"Jake, one thing you should know before getting started is that controlling your ability to stay underwater for long periods of time is very important. If you can do that, you will have no problem staying on an ilu or a Tsurak. We will work on that first" You said, wading closer and deeper into the water, but Jake stayed in place. What you were saying made sense, and it didn't quite occur to him what you were pointing out.

"How can I do that?" Jake asked. The Metkayina are born with the water everywhere around them. It's part of their lives and their way of living. This is probably taught months into the beginning of their lives, so if anyone had knowledge on staying underwater for long periods of time, it'd be you. "Like a newborn baby, you will learn by swimming in the reef and staying down there as much as you can. I will be there with you, and after that, we'll work on some breathing exercises that way you will  store more air in your stomach" You explained, and Jake nodded accordingly.

"Well, if you're there with me than nothing bad can happen, right?" Jake said, letting more of his confidence out around you. He eas beginning to feel more comfortable with you. Still, he was unaware of the reaction he caused you. You suddenly felt flushed and your face heated up, through no fault of your own. "Right..." You said bashfully, looking away from him, which didn't go unnoticed by him. He tried to keep eye contact with you, but you had your head turned to look somewhere else.

"Why don't we get started? We have lots to do" You said, turning to look at him briefly and then gestured with your hand for him to follow you deeper into the water. "Okay, yeah" Jake said, moving past the moment and following after you. He wasn't worried. You knew about this more than anyone, being one of the most skilled women in the clan, so he trusted that you knew how to guide him through this.