Home Sweet Home :)

~𝑴𝒂𝒚 19𝒕𝒉~

The minute I stepped up on stage was the minute I instantly felt the fear take over my body. Standing there, watching a huge group of people applauding as if I am a celebrity– which, don't get me wrong, I'm almost there– makes me feel so nervous. But who knew that soon after I realized how many people loved me, that huge stick blocking me would break. My success was very big in the college of NIC, my current college I'm graduating from, getting my bachelor's degree. Not only am I good in college, but I also am amazing at basketball in this college. Our team made it to the top ten best teams in Idaho.
I grew up in a city called Coeur D'Alene, Idaho. Living with four siblings and two parents tires you out as quickly as a puppy could. I mean, of course I love them all to death, but living with six people for eighteen years? Come on. Especially when I consider my aunt as more of a mother. I was always with her when my parents were having conflicts. It would be constant as time passed. But once I was fourteen, the responsibility of my siblings was on me.I did start to become more of a guardian to them and much less a sister. Now, I'm in college, planning to move to Brazil, where my grandfather is.
After graduation, my family rushed towards me like a bunch of vulnerable dogs. "I wasn't surprised you'd get this far!" said Zimera, my oldest– and only– sister.
"Yeah, I know you weren't." I said, smiling as she hugged me.
Mom and dad stood outside, doing their business as I introduced my basketball teammates to my siblings, who were all happy to meet the famous basketball team.
"Hey, you won't leave, will you?" asked my youngest brother, Ziyon.
I sighed, giving him a smile. "No. I promise." I lied, frowning a bit as I kneeled down.
He could tell, I told myself. I could see it. His eyes, the way he was looking at me. He knew I wouldn't be here any longer. Shit. What am I going to do? I can't leave them. Not when my parents are going to be together like this.
"I'll tell you what, dude. If I do leave--"
"I know you will. But I'm not mad." he spoke, hugging me.
Just that one hug gave me the worst feeling about leaving. I hugged him back as if I was leaving just then. I smiled, holding both his hands. "When I leave, I'll make sure to call you right when I get there. I might even save some money so you can come over after school is over. That's...--"
"Three months!" he said, smiling so big it grew contagious.
I nod, standing back up, holding onto his hand. My teammates were enjoying my older and other younger brothers, Jackson and Alexander as Zimera and Ziyon both stuck around with me, planning our dinner for my graduation.

Stepping outside, I opened my phone, seeing notifications from Snapchat. Alessia sent you a snap it said, making me immediately open Snapchat. Alessia is my best friend. Has been since we were practically born. We call each other sisters, and have never left one another for someone else.
She was in Miami, graduating. The photo she sent was of her on an expensive boat, enjoying life. I sent her a photo of me just staring at the screen. As I did that, my phone began ringing, causing me to jump.
"Holy shit," I said, answering the phone, "Hey..."
"Emory." I heard a deep voice, familiar to Alex's.
"Woah, you sound like shit."
"Thanks for the confidence," he said, coughing, "So, mom and dad are fighting."
"Oh." I stepped away from my house, sighing.
"Yeah. How the hell am I supposed to take care of everyone with Zimera at college and you in Brazil?" he spoke.
"Alex, it's going to be alright."
"I wish I could agree with you."
"Here in a few weeks, I'll come visit." I said, leaning against the fence.
"Uh huh."
"For now, get your ass to school. It's eight. Well, not for me." I chuckled, sighing once again.
"Alright. Love you."
"Love you too." I spoke, hanging up the phone.
I stared at the trees across from my house, crossing my arms. They're going to struggle. It's not even a joke anymore.
I heard someone stepping out of their house, causing me to look over. It was my neighbor I've never met. He seemed around my height, he had curly hair, and looked like a soccer player, if I'm going to judge by looks. He had a big smile as a little boy stood beside him. I'm assuming that's his son. I continued to stare as if I was mesmerized by everything happening, but remember I was about to be late for my basketball game.

I sat down on my couch, shoving my face in ice cream with my dog beside me. "Damn, did I miss this," I spoke to my dog, who was not paying any attention to me, "although you wouldn't understand that, Sage."
As I stared at the screen of the television, I hear the doorbell ring. Me and Sage turned our heads at the door. "Company?" I stood up, stepping towards the door.
Opening it, I yawned, but stared at the person in front of me. "Ainda não falei com você, falei?"(I have not spoken to you yet, have I?)