𝐢. 𝐜𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐧 𝐜𝐥𝐮𝐛

y/n, i hope you come back to england soon! i'll miss you lots

y/n,
i hope you come back to england soon! i'll miss you lots. keep writing to me!!

— john

that was one of the first letters john lennon ever sent to you. it was from when the two of you were in grade school. you moved to america for what was suppose to be a brief time, then you would head back. a brief time turned into a long time, then a long time turned into centuries. you've been homesick ever since.

as soon as you had enough money, you managed to find your way back to the place you'd be longing for. john of course still wrote to you, but it'd be years till you saw his face. honestly, you might as well have forgotten the curve of his face or whether or not he still wore his buddy holly glasses.

after unpacking, the first thing you did was stroll around at all the places you had once gone to. the toy shop on third avenue, a pet shop on fifty fifth street, and now, some joint full of rock n roll seemingly right near it.

of course you had to head in. the rendition of 'twist and shout' pulled you in by your ears. four boys were atop a stage, with a bunch of teens crowded around to holler and jump around. the first thing you noted were how attractive they were. these boys themselves could be a reason to move over to liverpool.

as one guitarist wailed out the lyrics, strumming away, you seemed to have caught his eye. neatly swept brown locks, slender nose, an infectious smile. it seemed to be your johnny, all grown up.

the performance was over, and he made his way over to you by the bar.

"never thought i'd see ya so soon. i got'cha letter earlier, but i would've expected a couple more days till you'd come," john chuckled. "drink?"

"if you're offering, how can i say no?" you smiled.

whatever you asked for, john managed to scrounge up enough to get it for you.

"didn't know ya wanted to see us play," john said, motioning towards the stage.

you took another sip, looking outside. "you never told me you were in a band! i just came 'cause i heard good music. and speaking of good music, you're not so bad."

"i'm charmed, love," he laughed. "you should meet the lads! all of 'em say you're a real looker y'know."

you swore you almost choked on your drink. you didn't have time to respond since john grabbed your hand, dragging you over to the boys.

"y/n, this is paul, george, and ringo." he introduced.

they all nodded and greeted you in their own certain way.

"what brings ya here?" paul quizzes.

"i heard you all playing and i had to listen," you smiled.

all of their eyes were on you as you spoke. partly creepy, partly sweet. all their attention was on you. there were other birds around you all, practically crowded the boys, but they didn't seem to care at all for them. john especially ignored them, bringing you up every moment.

"johnny's talked a lot about'cha," george chirped, "lad wouldn't shut up to save his life!"

"aye!" john jabbed at george's arm, causing the other to let out a teasing whine.

"who could blame him, love?" paul grinned at you.

that remark set your face aflame. you simply shook your head, "i doubt it, but thank you."

"y/n, why don'tcha tell the lads about your music?" john said.

in letters you had written, you detailed how you hoped to be a musician. you knew a couple bassists, drummers, and others all about in england who were interested. it was just a matter of who exactly would be picked for the lineup.

"i'm wanting to be a musician too," you smiled.

"you play an instrument?" asked ringo.

you let out a sigh, "well... yes, but not that well. might just have to stick to singing or something."

"come play with us. i'm sure you're great," paul spoke softly towards you.

"maybe i will."