Chapter 2: The Good Day

The commute to work is normal; 40 minutes of making a dope and eclectic playlist for work. It starts off with wu-tang's C.R.E.A.M., blending in croons from Marvin Gaye with a dash of Local Natives and MGMT. Growing up in the city while attending Art School motivated me to interact with different people from all walks of life.
Mama always played afro-beat music from Africa and taught me how to pata pata. My mother also loved jazz and political African music by Fela Kuti. I was destined to never become a zombie persuaded by propaganda. Yes, I appear different from other girls my age but I could care less about other peoples opinions.

Walking down 125th street to my job, I spot my co-worker, Chanel. This girl is the epitome of a barbie but with a provocative flare. Caucasian, long haired blond with full lips.
She's wearing navy blue leggings, a yellow bandeau that highlights her double d cupped breasts , with a loosly white cut tank the barely covers them. Her leather white coverse were crisp as if she has just purchased them. Chanel was the cashier and always rocked the newly added collection pieces. Customers would expect a valley girl accent and end up with a jaw dropping harlem language experience. She was real cool and loved to make customers laugh and could add on to sales to a purchase within a flash.

I wanted to catch up to her but I had become obsessed with this playlist and it was almost perfect. I start my shift at 9am and it's only 8:45am. I added my last selections and began to search for my to-do list. It reads:

*undress mannequins in display window and areas.
*wipe down units for changes.
*review corporate directives with management.
*do what I want with display.
*ask Miko out on a date.

I guess I mixed a little pleasure in this list. I must have been stoned and in my feelings. Miko is my manager and she is so damn sexy, its unbelievable. Long black silky hair with mocha skin. Her eyes were hazel and she was stacked with a thick frame. She looks at me like meat but I don't know if its a good or bad thing. I don't even know if she likes women. I continue to the front of the store and scope the display to examine the amount of dusting needed while jamming to the playlist I made. All of a sudden I am interrupted by a silly face plastered on the glass. I gasp! Why do I always fall for that? Chanel always scares the crap out of me when I'm buzzed or coming down. I take off my head phones and enter the store.

"You're so scary, girl." She says while giggling and cleaning the face stamped glass. "I'm going to help you clean the windows and undress these thot statues."

She never ceases to amaze me with her mouth. Did she really just say that? "Are you sure? Miko, told me to do that yesterday." I point to the list in my hand.
"Well, there is a new list on the post board with orders for everyone. Today's date Is on it. Go see, boo."
I catch myself from looking at her while she bends over to show major cleavage to grab more cleaner.
Get it together, Ada!

I walk over to the post board by the break room door. I scan memo to my name and it reads:
Ada: Immediately, report downstairs to the showroom for a touch base. 9:30 am. PS. Bring coffee.