Chapter 25: Lyla

I was fighting through the crowd of strange mutants, having no luck with killing any of them. As I fought, I realized I was now only fighting thin air. Looking around, I saw all of the mutants were dead. My mouth dropped in shock, and I heard footsteps approaching. Jayon walked over to me, a large machine gun in hand.

"Where did you get that? Did you find it?" I asked, remembering that Jayon brought a shotgun, and not a machine gun.

"Uh...not exactly." The guy chuckled, and glanced up at me.

"Oh my god, your eyes!" I cried out, seeing that his icy blue eyes were glowing. Like how mine glowed at night.

"What's wrong with my eyes?" Jayon asked,

"They are glowing." I explained to him, and his eyes widened,

"Seriously?"

"Yeah." I nodded, and the guy examined his machine gun,

"Lyla, this used to be a crowbar."

"What?" I blurted out, and the guy sighed,

"I know you don't believe me, but one second I had a crowbar, the next I had a machine gun."

"I'm sure there is a reason..." I spoke up,

"And I felt a strange power of some sort coursing through my body."

"Maybe you're right. I mean, a lot happens this world." I shrugged, realizing that this could be true,

"Yeah. Hang on, pass me your dagger." Jayon leaned forward, and stole one from my belt,

"Hey!" I hissed, and the guy grinned, and held the dagger in his hand. Jayon stared at the dagger, and I watched in shock as it began to shake. Suddenly, it was transformed into a large katana.

"Woah. So I guess I'm not the only one with powers." I gave Jayon a large grin, and he grinned back,

"Come on, let's go kill the rest of these mutants." He motioned for me to follow, and I giggled and ran after the guy,

"By the way, I think the weak spot is their stomach. So, not too hard." Jayon shrugged, and handed me the katana,

"You don't want it?"

"No, you can use it. It's a present." He winked, and then began shooting at the mutants. I smirked, and ran in front of Jayon, darting around, and stabbing multiple mutants in the stomach. Turns out Jayon was right, it was the stomach. After that, the rest of the group caught on, and they helped us with killing the rest of the mutants.

---

North and Clair led the way into the creepy hospital, and I reluctantly followed behind. As I entered, I glanced at the dark hallways, with barely any light.

"I can lead." I told the others, and went in front, my eyes instantly lighting up the hallway.

"I'll stay by your side." Jayon came up beside me, and I smiled my thanks.

"This place is giving me the creeps." Annabel shivered. I kept on moving forward, flinching at any noise in this abandoned place. As we walked, I could have sworn I kept hearing shrieks. Jayon clutched my hand in his to calm me down, and I took deep breaths. Up ahead, we noticed a door with a green glow coming from behind it. I ran toward the door, and placed my hand on the door knob. The rest of the group came up behind me, weapons ready as I pulled open the door.

It revealed a small laboratory like room, with many different chemicals on tables, along with computers. I took a careful step into the room, and screamed at what I saw to my left. Twenty glass containers sat, each with human bodies in them.

"Oh my god." I whispered, and walked toward the containers. North and Jayon came up beside me, and the three of us examined the containers. Looking at the humans, I realized they were just normal people, not mutants. One of them was a woman in her twenties with long aqua hair, and fair skin. I tapped on the glass to see if the girl would awake, but she didn't even budge.

"Wonder what all this is for." I questioned, and North nodded,

"Something's wrong about this. I think we should head back to the base, and report what we have found." The group nodded, and we were about to leave the room, when we saw a woman walking down the hall toward us. She was wearing a large gas mask over her face, and she had long blonde hair that reached her lower back. The woman laughed,

"Looks like you have discovered our secret."

"Who's secret?" Clair hissed, demanding an answer,

"Well, the scientists of course." She giggled, and Clair ran toward her, hammer in hand. The woman simply dodged, and walked past us, "follow me, if you'd like to know the truth about why these humans are here."

"Lynn, Raiden, Addilyn and Flame, you three stay out here and keep watch. The rest of us will follow this scientist." North commanded, and I followed the green haired guy down the hallway, into a larger room than before. Humans were laying on hospital beds, and there was about ten beds in the room.

"You see, we, the scientists are performing experiments on these humans. We have realized how powerful the mutants are, and so we want to make super humans based on them, but with a longer lifespan, and no deformities." The woman explained, and I clenched my fists, "and we are planning to kill off all humans and mutants. There is no longer a need for them. But you are strong humans, I don't think you'd mind if I added you to the collection, would you?" She grinned,

"You are not getting away with this." North growled, and loaded his crossbow. Jayon fired his machine gun, but before we knew it, a human had run in front of the scientist, and dashed her away from the bullet. What stood in front of us was a boy in his late teens with short, spiky brown hair. For some reason though, he wasn't wearing a gas mask. The boy had lime green lines running over his entire body, that looked to be in some kind of language.

"He is one of my successful test subjects. Meet, Velocity. Test subject 337." The woman giggled, and placed her hand on the boy's shoulder. The boy showed no emotion. "And, when I created him, I erased all the memories off his past life, and decided to rid of all emotions from him. Now, he doesn't feel pain, or sadness, anger, or happiness. Isn't that wonderful?"

"You think that's wonderful? Taking away emotions? How are you supposed to live your life, and learn from mistakes when you can't feel anything?" I shouted out, suprising myself at my anger toward this scientist.

"Looks like you five don't agree with me. I guess I'll just have to kill you then. Velocity, attack them." The boy darted toward us with an incredible speed, and he dashed behind me. Before I knew it, the boy had landed a kick to my back, and I collapsed in pain.

"You okay?" Jayon held out a hand, but ended up getting punched in the face. I shrieked in anger, and transformed into my mutant form, ready to attack this stupid boy. However, he had zoomed around me before I could even swipe at him. The woman laughed,

"I think Velocity might need some help. Release the other test subjects!" The scientist cried out, and I watched as the rest of the humans climbed out of their beds, and walked toward us, their faces void of emotion. I snarled in anger, and got ready to fight as I stared at these super humans, wondering how much power and what power each of them had.