How things have changed

"WHO ARE YOU" repeated the deep frail voice.

Jasmina: I am Jasmina, born in the house of wellbor, adopted daughter of  the high majesties of Hollum, sister to Novell Olidaeah . WHO are you?

Dargon: Jasmina, is it really you?

Jasmina: Yes....

Dargon: It is I, Dargon.

Jasmina: Come into the light.

Dargon slowly walked into the light. His frail body became prevalent as the full sunlight lit hit him. He walked hunched over, with the help of a cane, his hair long and white, but his face kind and sweet, not much had changed, except for the fact that he hand more wrinkles from the last time she had seen him. Jasmina smiled and quickly ran up to him and gave him a warm, long embrace.

Dargon: So glad your home my dear child. We have all missed you so. Ahhh Loki, Thor, how wonderful you all are here! But for you to be here Jasmina, back in Hollum and with Novell in a sleeping spell, cannot be good.  Tell me, have her dreams started?

Loki: Oh yes, they started quiet some time ago. She had kept it to herself until we all noticed a change in her. She began talking in her sleep, changing and even dreaming while she is awake. She told me just today about her final form. If only I had known...

Thor: It's not your fault brother. She told no one. Jasmina did tell me about herself, but we both didn't know how it would affect Novell. She is of royal blood. Jasmina is not.

Dargon: Yes, the royal blood line seems to have the most difficulty in their final form. We have lost many, but we have also had many transform into normal fairies or elves. As I have done, this is my final form, and I still have not found a suitable apprentice to take my place. I do only have 500 years left before my demise.

Thor: 500 years? I should think that's more than enough time to find someone.

Dargon: My dear Thor, it takes a good apprentice 500 years to learn the appropriate way. Now enough chatter, Loki tell me about her dreams. Has she transformed?

Loki: Yes, only once and this was just today. Her eyes turned black and her voice became raspy and high pitched. She attacked me.

Dargon: Jasmina, you were able to control her and put her to sleep?  How long did it take and did it drain you?

Jasmina: Yes, but I used almost all my energy and I used the sleeping chant on her. We gathered together and brought her here.

Dargon: How long was she transformed for?

Loki: Not long, maybe 5 mins.

Dargon: If that is true, it may be too late for her. Once she transforms, her eyes black as sin, there is very little I can do.  There is only one way to save her, but I dare not speak it aloud. Jasmina, you as her sister and Loki, you as her husband, I must speak with you both, alone. But first, we must keep her under the spell. Jasmina you and I will chant, Loki, Thor, wait outside. You mustn't be in here.

Thor: No one is out there. What will we do?

Loki: Yes, where is everyone?

Dargon: Down by the riverbank, it is a joyous time for our people. It's the day, Novell OLIDAEAH was born, the princess of Hollum. Very fitting you bring her today.

Loki: Her birthday? Today is her birthday. I never knew. After all these years, I never knew.

Novell began to fidget and growl, her nails began to grow into black claws and a screeching noise began to come from her lips.

Dargon: Go, we must keep her under! There is no time.

Loki and Thor quickly ran out of the tent and  walked toward the center of the town. They both sat down on the rock wall surrounding the water fountain. They could hear the villagers full of merriment and excitement, their voices echoing throughout the city. They both nervously watched the tent as Dargon and Jasmina chanted. As their chant became louder and louder, the tent began to glow a bright white. Beams of light came piercing through the top of the tent and shot straight up into the sky. The sound of the villagers came to an abrupt end and gasps could be heard, next to the thundering sound of running footsteps heading towards them. Loki's heart sank. He began fidgeting with his hands and biting his lips, Thor saw this and simply placed his hand on his brothers shoulder. It calmed him, but only for a moment. He looked up and saw Dargon standing in the opening of the tent, waving him to come inside. Loki quickly ran up to him as the villagers surrounded poor Thor, not allowing him to move. Loki walked into the tent and saw Novell chained. Before Loki could even open his mouth to voice his dislike, Dargon placed his wrinkled finger over his lips.

Dargon: Shhhh, my boy. It is for her own safety. I will place her in the Chamber of Finality, she will transform into her final form. We must accept her as she chooses this form, but I fear she has already chosen.  I have spoken with Jasmina, now I must speak to you alone.  With that Jasmina bowed her head to Dargon, and took her leave. The sound of cheering at Jasmina appearance made the crowd whoop and holler a joyous sound. Dargon took Loki aside and began to whisper in his ear. Loki's face went from worry to fearful and then sadness. When Dargon was done speaking to Loki, Loki fell back on a chair in shocked.

Dargon: Do you understand what I have told you?

Loki: Yes.

Dargon: Do you agree to these terms I have given you?

Loki: Yes.

Dargon: Are you willing to accept the terms, given the choice.

Loki: Yes, I agree. It be my will.

Dargon: Ten take your bride into the Chamber of finality and place her on the table, and chain her legs, ankles, arms and hands. Place the head binder on and quickly leave and close the door. Lock it tightly, then come back here. We will all be awaiting you.

Loki: Will this work? Will she be normal again?

Dargon: Yes, as long as you agree to it.

Loki: Alright, point me to the Chamber.

Dargon: It is beyond the purple poppy tree in the whispering gardens of he elders. Jasmina will lead you to it. You must enter alone with her, and speak to no one of what I have whispered to you. If you do, you break the agreement and she will die. Go now, the spell can only hold her for a short time.

Loki nodded his head and lifted her into his arms and walked out if the tent. zjasmina and Thor came running up to Loki as he asked for the way the the purple poppy tree. Jasmina pointed the way and Thor helped Loki carry Novell. The villagers were stunned and silent as the group walked into the distance. Loki cried the entire way to the Chamber.