Chapter-23 (Part 1)

-Previously in DiR-

I watched in surprise as an oval door made of green light formed. The light swirled and it became faster with every moment.

"Get in before it closes and we lose our chance." Nate said.

He gripped my hand. A shiver ran through my body and I trembled. His hand was cold as ice. Even when there was no warmth in his hand I felt secure by his touch.

Victor got in first. He disappeared in the door and I closed my eyes.

With Nate I entered the swirling green door and got sucked into it.

It was nothing like when I had entered the portal first when Jon and I had come to Escoffier mansion. This was circular motion and it made my stomach churn. I didn't know if I was still holding Nate's hand or not.

The circular motion was making me sick.

***

Chapter-23 (Part 1)

-Karen-

Sometimes life is a ride.

It was a ride for me, as we were travelling in the portal. It was totally different from the fall. I didn't know that there were variations of portals. And God knows I didn't want to know the other kinds of portals.

There are secrets you know and then there are secrets you come to know when you aren't expecting them to unfold.

Being a witch was not my dream or anything and if this was something Lady Adeline had been keeping from me, I wanted to kill that lady. She was a powerful vampire but I wasn't exactly scared of her. Okay, maybe a little bit.

Now, coming back to the portal riding experience...

I was happy that this ride didn't end me as a dead body, and neither did I vomit as our feet touched the solid ground.

"Are you okay?" Nate asked as we ended up in a room filled with...books and posters from '60s music bands from human world.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I answered looking around. "Where are we?"

"In my room," Victor replied and made a gesture for us to leave. "Leave now."

"That's rude." I commented.

"You've to leave my room, kids. I can't change these filthy clothes with you two in here." He smirked. "Karen, you can stay if you want. I wouldn't mind you to watch me."

"Eww No, thanks," I made a face and Nate pressed his lips in a thin line. "I'd better be dead."

"You two would have been lying dead in that underground basement if I didn't come there on time." Victor said proudly. "Well, what kind of person I would be if you were dead. I'm not so bad."

"If I hadn't gone into the witch mode, you'd be dead." I rolled my eyes.

"Touché," He shrugged. "If I hadn't found the hotel you could never call your 'love of life'."

"If I..." I started but Nate interrupted.

"Let's go." He held my arm, dragging me out of the room. "He can go on with the list forever."

"If I hadn't met you my life would have been great." I heard Victor shout and laugh.

We exited his room, leaving for him to change.

"He is lying, isn't he?" I asked.

"Yes." Nate nodded. "He is probably out of the window or to another portal to drink blood from what he calls 'beautiful source'. The ladies he chooses are all under a spell when it happens."